cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

client on fast broadband but router reports 2Mbps

oldfogie
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

A client is having a lot of problems with their connection.

Their cotract is for fast broadband plus TV.

however when I check their speed the router reports 7Mbps is "good" and 2MBps is guaranteed.

That would indicate they are on the basic "non-fiber" rate.

They are alos frequently losing their conection, and their TV is constantly buffering.

Live chat and telephone unable to help as I'm not ringing about my own account.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Chris; clients are now getting internet and email and are moving to a new contract for fibre soon so I'll leave it for now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

OK thanks. Connection looks pretty stable and error count is low. Router is in sync at 7.6Mbps. Do you know if the lights change on the router when the connection appears to drop?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks Chris, done that.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi oldfogie,

Could you put your clients TalkTalk landline telephone number in the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at their connection

Thanks

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@oldfogie,

Fast Broadband is Talktalk's slowest service, so minimum guaranteed speeds can be very low. Probably not good enough for the telly facilities. 

But the person does need to post on here in their own right.

Staff will need to check that there are in fact no faults on the line in the first place. Your friend / client needs to do their own research into whether FTTC is available  - that's simply Fibre35 or Fibre65 with the last bit still copper.

These are not available from all exchanges. 

They can also research the availability of Full Fibre in their area (Fibre to the Premises).

You can help them with the research, but ultimately staff can only support the named account holder.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes