cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

hi i have been connected  to the talk talk fibre for a week the router  is giving me ok speed  but the   light  isn't  on and the the phone wont  work when plugged into the back of the router. the phone works ok if  plugged into  the phone socket in  another room. i think it must be a fault  in the router . do i need new  router replacement? if so how do i get one

twiggyb
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi twiggyb

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 24

hi got the new router. it works fine. thanks for your help and sending 

me a new router  job done 👍

twiggyb

Message 3 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Sorry for the delay.

I have ordered you another WIFI hub, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection is with the new router connected.

Thanks

Debbie

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 24

ok i have just borrowed a router  and the white light keeps on so  my router must have a fault

twiggyb
0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 24

ok  there isnt any difference  although the internet is working the  white light on the router still isnt on

twiggyb
0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi twiggyb

As the box looks like an ONT, could you try the set up on this help page but connect your phone at the master socket?

SET UP YOUR WI-FI HUB FOR FUTURE FIBRE

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 24

openreach

twiggyb
0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Thanks for confirming your details.

This doesn't appear to be FTTP. Who installed the box on the wall (not the master socket)

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Did you have a FTTP installation?

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 24

hi this box is next to the  router one lead is red the otherIMG_20220211_142109.jpg  is green although the  router works there isnt a white light the enginer  told me that there should be a white light when the router is working

twiggyb
0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi twiggyb

You can't use the phone socket on the router as this is not a VOIP service.

As this is a FTTC connection you need to connect the dsl cable to broadband port and remove what is connected to the WAN port.

Have you also got a modem connected?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

IMG_20220211_132822.jpgIMG_20220211_132845.jpgIMG_20220211_132857.jpg

twiggyb
0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Ok, thanks for confirming this.

Would it be ok to post a photo here of your set up? (you mentioned white box and wires in a previous post)

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 24

hi the package is fibre 65 i was upgraded from  35 last week the phone number in my profile is correct wonder if the router isn't working correctly as the white light  dosnt come on although i have a internet connection

twiggyb

Message 15 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Which package do you have with TalkTalk?

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 24

hi there the white box  near the  router  has red and green cables  that are plugged into it there isn't a phone socket on the white box but there is on the router. my old socket for a phone  in another room  allows the phone to work. and although the router appears to be working there is no perminant white light  on it

twiggyb
0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi twiggyb

You would need to connect the phone at the master socket and not the back of the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 24

hi there my  router is  the sagemcom talktalk wifi hub 2 and yes it is turned on no white light  and no phone signal when pluged into the router however the signal to the  laptop is fine

twiggyb
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 24

Hi twiggyb

Just to confirm, which router have you received? (make and model)

Is the router connected and switched on at the moment?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 20 of 24

Ok, I'm not familiar with what router you have with a phone socket on the back, that sounds like a new router ready for full fibre connections. Maybe someone else who is familiar with this setup can respond here, or the staff here will certainly be able to reply, hopefully tomorrow.

The normal routers sent out by TalkTalk these days have a single LED on the front that would be solid white when things are working correctly, however it is possible for the LED to be switched off within the settings in the router.