cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't get monthly bill by email - pipex email address

Mikehorner
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi

This is an odd one - I've had a pipex email address for many years and it seems to work fine - but for some reason TalkTalk is unable to use it to send me my monthly bill. Instead I'm being sent a paper bill at a cost of £2.75 per month. I used to get the bill by email until around a year ago.

I wonder if the address is blacklisted for some reason?

Mike

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Mikehorner
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Thanks!  I've done as you suggest and will wait for the next bill to arrive!

Mike

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Unlikely. But check via webmail that you have no filter rules defined.

What happens is that TalkTalk use a third party mail server to send out over 4 million billing notifications each month. If that mail server has difficulty in getting a confirmed delivery from your pipex mailbox it suppresses sending as a protective measure. It's standard industry practice.

So what you have to do is change your MyAccount login to a working non-TalkTalk email address, opt for ebill notifications and when delivery is successful then the paper billing will cease and you'll be back to normal. At that point you can, if you choose to, revert to the pipex email address. However, it's recommended to use a non-TalkTalk email address (e.g. gmail or yahoo mail or outlook.com) because you can then use a unique and ultra-strong password just for the TalkTalk MyAccount.

Ebill notifications

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution