cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't send and receive emails using TalkTalk email address via devices iPhone and PC (Outlook)

Sue120
Participant
Message 16 of 16

I have tried to update my email settings on my iPhone and PC (Outlook), but it does not accept my password. The error message suggests IMAP access isn't turned on for my account.

Webmail works fine, so I know my password is correct, but I prefer to pick up my mails on iPhone and PC (via Outlook)

I think TalkTalk have turned off access to my account as I had not changed the settings in time ie had unsecured access.

Is it possible for TalkTalk to restore my IMAP access to the mailbox? If so how long will it take?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

You're welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Sue120
Participant
Message 2 of 16

Thanks

Message 3 of 16

Hi Sue120, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full working order. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Sue120
Participant
Message 4 of 16

I had already set them up prior to starting this thread and using the exact same guides that you have sent me links for. I think the settings are ok but they just need to be validated when access is granted.

Message 5 of 16

Do please make sure you follow the guides to set up secure mail. If you need reassurance that the settings are good then take screenshots, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area (desktop browser) or picture icon (mobile browser). Note that the connection will not authenticate until TalkTalk restore IMAP access but the request for full access is in the TalkTalk workflow.

The TalkTalk Community response time varies and depends on workflow. Typically 2-3 days should be allowed. If Ady is online tomorrow I would hope this post is picked up then. Ady would need to verify some personal details with you and then authorise the restore of IMAP access. Then full email access is usually back in action within 24 hours.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Sue120
Participant
Message 6 of 16

Yes using Outlook 365. 

Sue120
Participant
Message 7 of 16

When can I expect access to be granted

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

All mentioned capable of secure mail assuming Outlook is 2016 or later e.g. Outlook 365. Guides below.

Just a heads up that as you're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscription customer the mailboxes will be limited to webmail only access prior to deletion. You'll be notified prior to that happening.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Sue120
Participant
Message 9 of 16

I am not a home broadband or MailPlus customer. I am just using a legacy email.

0 Likes

Sue120
Participant
Message 10 of 16

Lenovo laptop (x64) Microsoft window 11 Home

0 Likes

Sue120
Participant
Message 11 of 16

iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.3

0 Likes

Sue120
Participant
Message 12 of 16

why does my reply appear in the thread then disappear because i must have posted my specifications at least 5 times

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Listening...

Sue120
Participant
Message 14 of 16

Test reply

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Yes, TalkTalk can be requested to restore IMAP access but first need to know that you will be able to update your iPhone and PC (Outlook) to use secure mail settings. And only use secure settings from here on.

So first tell us what model iPhone is it and what type of PC with what operating system and what version of Outlook? Asking because some devices will not be able to use secure settings.

Also whether you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer for home broadband or a MailPlus subscription customer.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile