cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Accessing emails on Android and Outlook

josinclair
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have a problem accessing my email account on my android phone, and through outlook, on my laptop (was fine then just suddenly stopped working), however I can access through webmail. I get an error message along the lines of 'problems accessing POP/IMAP' and from this community it looks like a security setting that I may have missed updating, and my account has now been frozen.  

Please would you restore my access as soon as possible.

Note - I only have a Tiscali email address currently, nothing else. 

Thanks 

Jo

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

You're very welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks very much. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi josinclair, I've added you to the list to be restored to normal service. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 7

I'd anticipate tomorrow but don't hold me to that as I don't have visibility of TalkTalk workflow.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

josinclair
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Have now done that, thanks very much for your response. 

How long will it take to restore my access?

Thanks 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jo

Webmail should work but IMAP / POP3 access does need to be restored by TalkTalk Support if your tiscali mail access was limited to webmail only as a result of continued use of any insecure or out of date devices / software or service that does not support secure mail to the current standards.

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and save changes.

Looks like they'll take your word that you are now using the correct settings on all devices and mail collection services that access your mailbox. If unsure about upgrading device software or email settings just ask for help here. Guides given below.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC scroll down the help page for sections on Outlook 2016 and newer

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution