cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

e mail not syncing in real time with my android outlook account

dksmithuk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

my e mails on my android phone used to appear instantly in my inbox on my samsung mobile when i received them.

this stopped happening yesterday

i now have to manually reset my account or switch the phone off then on to sync with my account

thanks

dave

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

The default sync frequency for TalkTalk Mail webmail is 5 minutes although users can set between 5 and 30 minutes. The default sync frequency for the Gmail app on Android is 15 minutes. Other apps might offer different Inbox refresh frequencies although the user can always do a manual refresh whether using webmail or email apps. 

How are you collecting your mail messages on the Samsung Android device (IMAP or POP3?) and how does the Inbox refresh compare with TalkTalk Mail webmail?  Have you tried a reset of the Outlook for Android app that will usually fix simple sync glitches?

I have been waiting on TalkTalk to resolve an issue with missing push notifications for new email messages via webmail.  So, having said all the above it does occur to me that push notifications for IMAP email aren't being sent or are not being responded to by the email client set in IDLE mode. IDLE mode means that the IMAP email client is automatically and immediately notified of mailbox changes so does not have to do a regular refresh of the Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution