cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Do I need to download an app to to activate Talkmail account on mobile phone

HungryHorace
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have successfully loaded my tiscali email account to mobile, but it has not received the chat conversation, which has appeared on my laptop tiscali mail inbox.  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Let's start from basics. TalkTalk Mail can be accessed on a laptop, desktop or mobile device via an Internet browser like Edge, Firefox or Chrome. So all you need is an up to date Internet browser that will already be on the laptop and phone.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address and tiscali password, select Sign in.

You will see the exact same Inbox although the presentation in a desktop / laptop / notebook browser is different from a mobile device that has a smaller screen area and usually portrait view whereas the laptop is landscape view.

Email apps and email software can be set up to view the exact same Inbox and folder content if setup as an IMAP email account. If you use on the laptop email software like Thunderbird or Bluemail and an email app like the Gmail app or BlueMail app on the phone then that also should be setup as an IMAP email account to make sure the folders and Inbox are identical in terms of their content.

Do NOT use the Tiscali Italia app as that's totally unrelated to tiscali.co.uk managed by TalkTalk.

Now, when using an Internet browser to access your mailbox on the laptop if the Chat transcript is not there in the Inbox then it's been downloaded from the Inbox and the copy that did arrive has been deleted. That happens if the laptop is using email software set up as a POP3 email account using default settings. Because the Chat transcript has been downloaded to an Inbox that's part of the email software on the laptop then you see it on the laptop but it's not available to see on the phone regardless of whether you're using an Internet browser or email app.

To check this out perhaps you'd tell me exactly how you access mail on the laptop, what operating system is running on the laptop and what email software is in use and its version number.  And then whether you set up an IMAP email account or POP3 email account?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

HungryHorace
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hello.

Thanks for responding.  I think I may not have made my question clear.  The conversation i referred to was the record of the chat that I had to help me get my tiscali email account logged onto my mobile. The chat arrived in my laptop inbox but not onto phone. Do I need to download an app or something else as the only tiscali app is for Italy.   Cannot get the downloaded picture to attach.

Kind regards

Hungry Horace.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi HungryHorace 

Do you mean Sort by 'Conversations'? That is included on a mobile browser.

Perhaps you could take a screenshot of the laptop tiscali.co.uk Inbox so we can double check we're taking about the same thing. Make sure there's no personal data showing then upload the image here using the camera icon above this Reply area.

A screenshot of the tiscali.co.uk app on the mobile would also be good. Again, do image edit to make sure there' no personal data showing then upload from the mobile using the image icon above the Reply area.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes