cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not working

zamzab
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Like others I ignored the email regarding email setting changes thinking it was a scam.  For the last couple of days I have been unable to send or receive emails on my PC, Ipad or Android phone other than through TalkTalk Webmail.  I have tried to update the settings as described in your notes but without success.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

All of those devices and email software are capable of secure mail. So, just follow the guides I've linked to and you should be able to set up secure mail fairly easily.

If you would like double confirmation of the settings then screenshot the incoming and outgoing server settings of each device, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area or picture icon if uploading from a mobile browser.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

zamzab
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the advice Gondola.  I've updated my profile but I don't really know about the other stuff!  I use emails on a PC, Ipad and android phone.  The PC uses MacOS Big Sur version 11.7, the Ipad OS version 16 and the phone Android version 9.  No idea if this is what you require as I admit to not having a clue.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi zamzab 

Good to know that webmail is working.

Yes, if your devices are still using insecure or legacy settings then the mailbox(es) will be limited to webmail only as a last resort by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure mail.

The devices will not re-authenticate a connection until TalkTalk Support restore IMAP / POP3 access. I can request that for you but first need to be assured that your devices and email apps are set up for and capable of secure email to a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security.

So tell me more. all mail collection services, Devices, Operating Systems, Email software versions - every way you collect your emails other than webmail via an up to date browser like Chrome, Edge or Firefox.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email addresses and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Device guides below:

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes