cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access blocked on PC and mobile devices

PaulJP
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My email access is currently blocked on desktop and mobile devices. I understand that this is because one of them must have been trying to connect using insecure settings. All devices were configured with secure settings (incoming: mail.talktalk.net, ports 993/995 with SSL/TLS, outgoing: smtp.talktalk.net, port 587 with STARTTLS). Devices were 3xPC (Windows 10) using Outlook, 1 Android phone using GMail and 1 Android tablet using Samsung Email. I suspect that the problem may have been with the Samsung Email because the app appears to now be obsolete - I have now deleted the app on that device. Please could you re-enable access to the account.

Paul
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

I've added your mailbox to the list to be restored. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Profile now updated with the primary account name.

Paul
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi PaulJP, the email address in your profile appears to be a mail alias. Please add the primary account and I'll get it restored to full service for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

That explains the POP3/IMAP incoming port numbers. OK, the Windows devices all support secure mail as does the Gmail app and you've clearly got the secure setup in hand.

I'll request TalkTalk Support restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be back usually within 24 hours after that.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

PaulJP
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

...should maybe add that the 2019's are both using POP3 and the 2021 is on IMAP.

Paul

PaulJP
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

2 x Office 2019 and 1 x Office 2021

Paul

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Early versions of the Samsung email app did have trouble connecting securely so deleting that email account from the device is a good move.

What versions of Outlook are you running on the 3 PC's?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes