cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email error

Emmabrad
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

After an email on the 26th Jan saying I wouldn't be able to access my emails unless I changed setting my emails stopped an I can only login on the Internet which is a pain. I changed all the settings but always says password error or check imap enabled. I have then tried to add imap on my android phone but it says couldn't connect to server. I have spent 3 days keep trying. Is it impossible to get emails now on my phone app?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Emmabrad, I've requested that the mailbox be restored to normal function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi Emmabrad 

Good to know that webmail access is working.

TalkTalk are removing IMAP access for devices when users have ignored previous notifications to use only secure mail settings. It's a last resort action to keep mail users secure and to prevent passwords being discovered.

Are the Android and iPhone devices the only way you access your mailbox? What version of Android is it and what model iPhone? Asking because all devices including mail collection services must use secure connection to the mailbox. Some devices will not support secure mail. In any case, you'll not be able to get either device, assuming they're capable of secure mail, to authenticate the connection until TalkTalk Support restore IMAP access. I'll request that for you and you'll be contacted during the week right here to verify your details.

But before that happens we need to make sure you do know the secure mail settings to use. Guides for iPhone and Android devices are given below. If you have any other devices you'll need to tell us the device, its operating system and the type and version of email software being used. This is so we can advise if the device will support secure mail. If there's any connection to a mailbox using insecure setting then that risks the mailbox IMAP access being withdrawn.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscription customer and is the email address added to an active customer MyAccount?  Asking because if the email address is not linked to an active customer MyAccount then the mailbox will get limited to webmail only access anyway.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes