cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails

OBrien04
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi!

Since yesterday, I haven't been able to log into my emails, through Tiscali?

Until yesterday am, everything seemed to be fine.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

If the advertisements are distracting then use an ad-blocker. I currently use AdBlocker Ultimate that's a free download from the browser store.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

OBrien04
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

It's the adds that are the problem with the way I view them now, but I can live with it, unless you can recommend something else?  The positive is, I can access them again 

Kind regards 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Are you happy to continue using just webmail access via an Internet browser? If you are then you should be able to save wanted emails from the 'tiscali' app to your device and then delete that app so that it cannot be used. 

We can then close this topic with no action necessary.

OBrien04
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thankyou for your help Gondola.

I have managed to view my emails, by logging on to the TalkTalk website and also retrieved the emails that are of importance.

Thank goodness I found this amazing site!

Thank you again:)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The only tiscali named email app in the Play Store is for tiscali.it or Italian Tiscali Italia. This is totally unrelated to the tiscali.co.uk domain managed by TalkTalk.

Messages not seen in webmail usually indicate that the email app has been set as a POP3 email account in the tiscali app.

The app has downloaded and deleted mail from the online mailbox. You'll see sent and received messages only in the app.

So, I think the email app was set for POP3 insecure mail. What TalkTalk recommend is to use IMAP secure mail.

You'll find the Gmail and BlueMail apps in the Play store. I have no personal knowledge of using the tiscali.it email app so can't comment on its suitability. But you definitely must cease using insecure mail and to see all mail messages in all folders via webmail and an email app you need to set up an IMAP email account. 

General guides below:

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

If you want special advice for devices and email software setup then just let us know the device, operating system, email software version.

OBrien04
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gondola - thankyou for the reply.

I have been accessing my emails via the tiscali app

In the play store. Up until Saturday am, it was working with no issues!

I can view some emails through the Talktalk website, but there are no emails I have sent in the past and important emails I have starred, there is nothing, it's all blank and empty!?

I'm not tech-savvy, which doesn't help, so I apologise in advance.

Kind regards 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Check webmail access.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know if you can sign in or get an error message.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

So, if webmail is working but no other way is then to get the right advice to you please tell us all the ways you connect to your tiscali mailbox to view mail messages. Devices, operating systems, email software versions and mail collection services.