cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails disappeared from Saved IMs

matagg
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi 

can someone help please. I went into my  Saved IMs and noticed they had all but 1 disappeared

I went into my husbands Saved IMs and they have gone too. Why.

Any way I can get them back

Thankyou

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

OK, so using a desktop browser and with the Folder view enabled for TalkTalk Mail you have at the top a New email blue button and below that the standard folders and then below that the personally created My Folders that sit under the virtual My Folders name.

So I assume that your Saved IM's is under My Folders and is a personal folder linked to the same folder in your email software.

Good to know you've found the messages there. TalkTalk do not delete any messages from folders other than Trash or Spam on a rolling 30 day basis.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

matagg
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola

Thank you for replying.

When I go into my email page on talk talk there is a list on left hand side New emails ect.,

At the bottom of list is saved IMs. These are email messages which I want to save.

I am sorry if I am not very clear but I am 75 years old and not very computer literate.

I have just looked at my emails again and it would appear that my saved IMs have returned but my husbands have not.

I will wait a little longer and see if they return. It might be a talk talk glitch.

Thankyou

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I think further explanation is needed from you.

IM's? - are you referring to Instant Messages and with which service provider? And how exactly does this relate to TalkTalk Mail email messages?

I'm aware that you can save IM's as emails so I just need to know how you're achieving that with TalkTalk Mail and presumably a connected email client (which one?) and if you're saving to a Personal folder synchronised to the TalkTalk Mail account set up as an IMAP email account on the email client.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution