cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

How do I access my recently dead fathers tiscali web email account without his password?

Outward
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Help! How do I access my recently dead fathers tiscali web email account without his password?

I've tried multiple times, but it sends the reset link back to the same email I cant access!

Can reset codes be sent to a separate outlook email? or texted?

TalkTalk support, and Bereavement care have been unable to help so far, and I'm at my wits end. 

Can any of you good people help?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi Outward 

Condolences for your loss.

The TalkTalk Bereavement team will help you as much as they can during this time. However, one thing that they should advise is that nobody, not a relative nor an executor of an estate can take over or be given access to an email account of a deceased person. It's part of UK Data Protection Regulations that nobody is entitled to see that email account. Only Police or a Court Order can lawfully access such an account. This is purely to protect the rights of the registered email owner that may have entered into communications that they do not want others to see. 

Banks and other financial institutions etc do not require an executor or relative to communicate via that account.

If there's any other advice that you need concerning online access where that email address may have been used then I'll do my utmost to point you in the right direction. Sorry, to be the bearer of unwelcome news at this time.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution