cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

How to add multiple emails to my account

jctharrington
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have 3 email accounts that were linked to my account, but now I cant seem to access them, it keeps saying the password is wrong. I am using Thunderbird with the correct mail settings.  It appears to be since changing my main password in July, and the main emails still works, but the linked ones dont.  I cant seem to access them anywhere on the Dashboard.  Any help gratefully received. thanks

Tanya
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Perfect. Have a great weekend.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Gondola,

yes have managed to add them, thank you very much for your help

Tanya

Tanya

Message 3 of 7

Hi jctharrington 

How are you getting on? Have you successfully added the email accounts to the primary mailbox online login?

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

First thing is to double check you have the correct password for the email account you're now adding as a secondary account to a primary login. The email account has to be currently active and not already added to that primary login.

Auto-configuration does fail so yes, select the blue button Configure manually. The settings below apply to ALL TalkTalk Mail domains including the legacy domains managed by TalkTalk Consumer on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

The Incoming server is always IMAP

Server name: mail.talktalk.net

Connection security: SSL/TLS

Server port: 993

Username: The secondary account full email address

Password: The secondary account email password

Outgoing server (SMTP)

Server name: smtp.talktalk.net

Connection security: StartTLS

Server port: 587

Authentication: As incoming e-mail server OR Use separate username and password

Username: The secondary account full email address

Password: The secondary account email password

Then scroll down to select the blue Save button.

You should see a modal indicating that the account has been successfully added.

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola, thank you for your comprehensive instructions, however, when I go to add the first secondary account I get an error saying that the account details are wrong.  It doesnt matter whether I use the old or new password, see attached and it asks me if I want to set up manually.  Should I do this, and if so, what are the manual setting for the account. Many thanks Tanya

obscured for customer security

Tanya
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

When you talk about the Dashboard are you talking about the customer MyAccount? In which case, from the Dashboard you scroll down to select the Manage TalkTalk Mail option. You should then see the list of your mailboxes.  You can change the mailbox passwords if you wish but this isn't necessary if I've understood correctly... unless the passwords need changing for another reason.

You can sign in to each email account directly. An Internet browser will retain cookies for each mailbox session so you have to sign out of one mailbox before signing in to the next.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in. You can check the sign in works and once into the mailbox you can select the User Avatar top right and select the menu item Update your reset details to check you do have password recovery options saved in the case of a 'Forgotten password'.

You say the primary mailbox is working but the other two are not and that's after a password change for the primary mailbox. That suggests you're signing in to the primary mailbox via webmail and in that primary mailbox you have previously added the secondary email accounts so you have them all under one sign in.

In that scenario, the secondary email accounts have their passwords encrypted by the primary mailbox password. So when you change the primary mailbox password you can sign in using the new password but the added secondary email accounts will not work until you reinstate and save their passwords.

To reinstate and save the secondary account passwords: 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail primary email address, select Continue and enter its new password, select Sign in.

• Select the cog icon from the top right header bar
  • Select the All settings menu item
  • Select Accounts
  • Select Edit for the first secondary email account
    Scroll down to Password and clear the box to re-enter the correct secondary account password
    Select the blue Save button
  • Repeat for the next secondary email account
  • All done

What I've covered above is:

• Where to find your list of customer email mailboxes in MyAccount
  • How to sign in to each mailbox individually via webmail
  • Where to find Password recovery reset details for each individual mailbox
  • How to reset the passwords for each secondary account added to a primary email account in webmail

I hope I understood what the issue is with the secondary email accounts. Let me know. NB the above is a guide to the new TalkTalk Mail platform for mailboxes that have been migrated to that platform.