cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Messages to Tiscali being rejected

Sweetsspb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi, a per other threads, messages sent to my Tiscali email address are seemingly being rejected.  I've sent one from my apple email address as a test and also had the same response. [TT992].

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thanks Sweetsspb for the confirmation.  Appreciated.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Yes, no rules that should block.

Message 3 of 13

Thanks Montymerlin for the heads up. Appreciated.

I think this indicates that CloudMark still has a hard block recommendation for the iCloud domain for some reason. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Andy and Gondola, icloud.com mails still being rejected via TT992 for me, just sent one to talktalk and got this message

host mx.talktalk.net[62.24.202.42] said: 552 5.2.0
   Kel2rh4E0PE5bKel3rTv5V Content rejected (TT992) (in reply to end of DATA
   command)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

me.com and icloud.com use the exact same outgoing servers and authentication. Good to see that me.com is being received.

Have you checked that you have no Rules that may be inadvertently diverting your icloud.com emails?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Ady, 

Seems to be coming through ok if I send from an Apple  @me.com, but still failing to come through from iCloud.com

Difficult to say if other emails from other senders are still being rejected too... originally informed from a person using hotmail.

Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.tiscali.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0 KeIyrdAxvHbB6KeIyr5Avs Content rejected
   (TT992)

Message 7 of 13

Hi, I've  been asked to check if your mail is working normally. I've been told that we're seeing mail from the rejected senders coming through as expected now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 13

A standard icloud.com email address is fully authenticated and there's no obvious blacklisting by any of the usual blacklist agencies.

No obvious reason then for TalkTalk to be detecting spam or suspicious content which is what gives rise to the TT992 permanent rejection bounceback message. I assume your iCloud mailbox has not been sending via any mail forwarding service or via a VPN hosted overseas or to TalkTalk addresses that no longer exist? Just a few reasons why TalkTalk's inbound mail servers might reject your email.

We'll have to wait for TalkTalk Support to look at your tiscali mailbox to see if there's a reason for the icloud.com emails to be rejected.

Sweetsspb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Sorry, it was @icloud.com

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Yes that's your email domain that's receiving from the Apple mail domain. What I need is the Apple mail domain. So what is that? A personal domain or mac.com or me.com or iCloud.com? I need to see everything from the sending email address that follows the @ symbol.

Sweetsspb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

@Tiscali.co.uk

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

What is the email domain? We need that to check if the domain is authenticated by SPF (Sender Protection Framework). The domain is everything following the @ symbol in the email address but not the personal local part before the @ symbol.

0 Likes