cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cm10nec error code rejecting emails back to a private iphone outlook email account

dazza5152
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

hi

this happens now and again with talktalk through the year and yet again at the most inconvenient time it happens again - please fix this - for no reason at all a talktalk email account of mine is bouncing emails sent to me from a private outlook email account from an iphone - not had this problem for months and previously able to receive these now oddly these emails being blocked for no reason at all

thanks

dazza

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Many thanks for the heads up Ady - I can confirm I can now receive the emails held up

cheers

dazza

Message 2 of 14

I've made the email and incidents team aware of the issue with us blocking hotmail and Outlook. Hopefully, they'll put a quick fix in. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 14

Many thanks Gondola, I very much appreciate your comprehensive response, this makes good sense even if not resolved as yet, it certainly good to know why, as you know better than me there is loads happening from an IT Security perspective and other collaborations "behind the scenes" as it were to protect not only TT but us users / customers too, if it weren't for these controls we would be blitzed with fraudulent and other / worse emails et cetera - ah well fingers crossed for tomorrow for a resolution to this - I hope you can enjoy the rest of your day

cheers

dazza

Message 4 of 14

HI Gondola,

I did attempt using the LiveChat and did look up the contact info., the LiveChat just put up a circulating icon and never connected to anything and the telephone system that says it should have been available at the time went through various press this button and that button before telling they were closed! I didn't incorrectly assume anything I'm afraid. Community help is certainly useful if there's something I can do myself and someone else has experience to share, I appreciate that very much. However other help content in the form of FAQs for simple issues doesn't help with something that is a systemic issue and just leaves me frustrated, like everyone else I think. When I was tryng to use the help system for emails, it decided I needed my line testing - I didn't!

With regard to the problem, I am clearly not the only one experiencing this problem, but from what I read in your replies, there's nothing I can do to correct it directly, nor anything I can do to prevent it happening. I also notice you've had dealing with this problem earlier in 2023 so it isn't a new problem.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure you are helping as much as you can, so thank you.

Richard

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Heads up Richard that you've made two incorrect assumptions.

• Ady-TalkTalk was here this morning
  • Community as a whole including help content is available 24/7 365 days a year
    i.e. Community support including searching for help content and helpful answers is always available
    Members can receive notifications and offer to help as and when they choose.

If you specifically demand TalkTalk Support then here's:

LiveChat and TalkTalk contact information

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 14

Thanks for helping out dazza5152. It's much appreciated.

I've now gone back a few months to recall an archive of mail sending from outlook.com to talktalk mail.  In an example the sending IP address was fully authenticated and is still fully authenticated. The sending IP address then was 40.92.48.53 that resolves to mail-vi1eur02olkn2053.outbound.protection.outlook.com with the authentication provided via a valid SPF file at outlook.com.

What I have now found is that SORBS SPAM show the sending IP address as "40.92.48.53 was listed".  This is part of a bigger range of IP addresses authenticated for Microsoft senders. The full range is 40.92.0.0/15. I've not checked the full range.

I know that CloudMark the sender intelligence engine that does spam fingerprinting for TalkTalk does take on board listings by some of the spam listing agencies including SORBS. Not surprising really as both CloudMark and SORBS are owned by ProofPoint. So, whilst I do not know the current sending IP address or addresses in use for outlook.com and hotmail.com I would say that it's highly likely that CloudMark is flagging up spam on the basis of detection by spam traps operated by SORBS SPAM.

We'll need to wait for TalkTalk Support to check the reason for the inbound mail servers operating spam blocking with the TT992 bounceback and if it simply is the automatic response of CloudMark's sender intelligence engine being informed in part by SORBS as well as by input from TalkTalk Mail users.

RichardJP
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem as of yesterday afternoon. The sender is using Hotmail and has the same issue with both his and his wife's address and when using either his iphone, or desktop machine (unsurprisingly) and has been working fine for years. This is the message he's getting:

Generating server: 'AS1P191MB2103.EURP191[dot]PROD.OUTLOOK[dot]COM

cm8nec
Remote server returned '552 5.2.0 KGKSrngFCUCUsKGKSr276g Content rejected (TT992)'

Other messages are getting through, but obviously I've only had a few anyway. Of course there's no one at TalkTalk today even though they have a 24/7 365 customer service system - really?

RichardJP

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

hi Gondola,

hoping this will help you - if there is anything personal to me here can i ask you delete it after you have read it please?

cm11nec gave this error

from my email address @talktalk.net

There is a problem with the recipients mailbox.

Please try resending the message. If the problem continues please contact your email admin.

cm11nec gave this error

KICnrAUnM619eKICnrGXGs Content rejected (TT992)

Received from

ASBP191MB2245.EURP191.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

remote server returned '552 5 2 0 KICnrAUnM619cKICnrGXGx content rejected (T992)

generating server AM7P191MB0599EURP191.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

i have looked down the email header to find the line that starts Received: as you said from: to find a sending email address and an IP address enclosed in round and square brackets and ends with by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP or mx.tiscali.co.uk with SMTP - how do you find that- i cannot find an IP address from this I must be missing something I tried several ways also clicked the 3 dots at top of email but just basic email address return info info but no IP address?

cheers

dazza

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

TalkTalk are rejecting mail from outlook.com addresses.

I'd like to ask one more favour and that's to look down the email header to find the line that starts Received: from: and gives a sending email address and an IP address enclosed in round and square brackets and ends with by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP or mx.tiscali.co.uk with SMTP.

That's so I can see the IP address that's sent the outlook.com mail to the mx.talktalk.net mail server or mx.tiscali.co.uk mail server

For example:

Received: from email address ([209.85.167.172])
by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

thanks Gondola, yes there is a reply email address and the domain is @outlook.com.

Just to let you know I replied with a test email to a previous email sent by this address and it got through no problems TT just wont let me receive them at the moment still which is worrying.

thanks again,

dazza

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Select a previous email from the originator, View Source to inspect the email header and tell me if there is a Return-Path: line and what the email domain is within the chevron brackets - just the part of the email address after the @ symbol.

Message 12 of 14

thanks Gondola - i can confirm the emails sent to me via the iphone outlook account definitely are not spam it is a known sender that has sent emails to me many times over the years - hopefully this will be resolved soon? i did notice talktalk seem to be having a lot of spam attacking it mainly from gmail accounts some gets through sadly then my own security picks most of that up sure helps to know talktalk doing best they can to stop spam but pls dont stop my legit emails

thanks

dazza

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

The bounceback is a spam protection TT992 rejection telling Microsoft that either their mail messages are not authenticated or there's too much spam directed from them to the TalkTalk network.

The issue has been reported.