cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Password Incorrect

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hello.  My wife is unable to access her talktalk email as she is getting the message that the password is incorrect. Would it be possible to have the password reset and password recovery Reset details updated with an alternative email address or mobile number?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 12

Thanks Ady. All sorted.

Message 2 of 12

I'm sorry for the delay. I've resent the password reset request. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

Morning Ady.  I've given it a few days, but the alternative addresses are not showing in the Password Recovery Tool.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks I've added those details to the Request for the Recovery Tool to be updated. It will complete within the next 24 hours. You can check when its updated by intermittently going to the Password Recovery Tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Alternative email and mobile number added to profile.  Thanks Ady.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Whelky, please add the alternate email address and mobile number for the password reset tool to private notes in your community profile and I'll get it updated. 

Ady

Message 7 of 12

Perfect.

I made the request to TalkTalk Support so they'll pick up as soon as they can from tomorrow morning. With luck I'm hoping your wife will be back in control the day after TalkTalk make the request for new Reset details to be added and you've upgraded the password for her. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Her email is listed in MyAccount, yes.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

This forum can help you @Whelky and more particularly help your wife that you suggest hasn't set up password recovery Reset details.

First, I need to ask, is your wife's email address listed in the customer MyAccount for which you are the named account holder? If so, that's fine because it means you are the registered user of the email address and TalkTalk can help you and in turn you can pass on the details to your wife to continue to use the email address.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Do you know why the password is rejected? Is it a very weak password? For a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in and check there's no unauthorised devices sign in and no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages. Hackers set up or modify Filter rules to spy on your emails.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
    Select All settings
  • Select Security and Sign out all devices
  • Select Mail
    Scroll down to Rules
    If you see There is no rule defined then you need go no further.
  • Select the Chevron icon > to expand the Rules section and to delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Whelky
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Unfortunately, no.  It's a similar problem to the one BJHazelwood1 had from Saturday.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Not on this forum, but are you sure that there is no password recovery option in TalkTalk webmail?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes