cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email from gmail accounts rejected with error code TT992

Clacky
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 3 of 3

This issue has just started for me today. How can I resolve? Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@Gondola has been investigating this on some other threads in addition to yours:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Not-receiving-some-emails/m-p/3011200#M176245 

However, I have tried sending from my Gmail to my talktalk.net account and that got through OK. Perhaps it is partially a geographic issue? @Gondola knows more about email than most other people on this forum, so let's hope he can get to the bottom of the root cause of this. No one from TT will be on the forum until Tuesday now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

TalkTalk has been blocking or rate limiting Gmail because of the large volumes of spam emanating from Gmail.

Mail filtering has been put into place to try and detect genuine mail messages from spam. It's never possible to guarantee 100% blocking of spam and certainly not until user reports e.g. 'Mark as spam' from the webmail toolbar, enable fingerprinting of new spam.

Equally, some genuine mail messages may get stopped when rate limiting is taking place. Ideally, Gmail need to stop spam at source. Then TalkTalk could return to its normal practice of trusting Gmail.

Perhaps your contacts have a different email address to use in the meantime e.g. Yahoo Mail as that seems less likely to get blocked than either Gmail or Hotmail or Outlook.com messages currently.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution