cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problem sending emails from Talk Talk to gmail

JohnBar
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 5

I need to correspond with people on gmail but can't from my TalkTalk (tiscali) email?  The message shows as sent in my sent box but doesn't reach two different gmail accounts - one of which is mine and is not full?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you for your interest @Janie191 and in direct answer to your question the issue will be fixed when the Gmail servers stop diverting some TalkTalk Mail messages into a recipient's Spam folder.

TalkTalk Mail admins are aware and will do what they can. The sent and received TalkTalk Mail messages are fully authenticated.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Janie191
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Since Monday morning, all emails to gmail addresses have been going into their Spam folders.  How much longer until this is fixed?

Janie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I've passed the details onto the email admins. I'll post back as soon as I hear back. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

We seem to have a few reports of Gmail recipients not receiving TalkTalk Mail messages but the TalkTalk originators are not seeing any Mail Delivery Notifications of fails to deliver. Suggests Gmail is silently dropping the inbound messages.

I've just carried out some tests via TalkTalk Mail webmail and via Thunderbird email client sending.

Two different TalkTalk Mail addresses and one Gmail address. The Thunderbird sent mail message from a TalkTalk mailbox was received normally. The TalkTalk Mail message from a different TalkTalk mailbox was received to the Gmail Spam folder. I also have Gmail as an added secondary account to a TalkTalk Mail mailbox and that sent as Gmail to Gmail but via the Open Xchange mail servers and that arrived OK.

Based on these results I'd say to the Gmail recipients to look in the Gmail Spam folder. Gmail may be tagging inbound mail from the TalkTalk SMTP servers as spam.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes