cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

sending email from new outlook on windows 10

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi Gondola    need some help  windows 10 app now upgraded automatically today to new outlook but it will not let me send emails from talktalk.net address only my hotmail.co.uk address how do I set that up so its not blocked as I want to send from talktalk.net   searched on google said go to options mail  those 2 words not visible to me   thanks  pat

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I can send TalkTalk Mail from Outlook for Windows but not from Outlook.com because that's just the way that Microsoft has chosen to develop their webmail service at Outlook.com.

Outlook for Windows is not the same as Outlook.com even though it looks very similar!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

I have checked its already a connected account   I cannot see anything I can do to be able to send from tt account as it says I do not have permission      I my have to give up not tech savvy at all

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You may well have TalkTalk Mail as an added account to Outlook.com where you normally use your hotmail account. Outlook.com is Microsoft webmail. Don't get confused with other versions of Outlook software or Outlook for Windows that is an email client replacing Windows Mail.

But if you try and send from TalkTalk Mail by selecting Other email address from the drop-down From option in Outlook.com you'll inevitably get the error message "You don't have permission to send messages from this mailbox."

If you add the TalkTalk Mail account to Outlook for Windows then you can send from TalkTalk Mail because what you're doing is setting up an IMAP email account that will synchronise to your TalkTalk mailbox.

0 Likes

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

my talktalk.net address has been on my hotmail account  ok with settings  and all incoming emails arrive ok addressed to talktalk   but when I try to send an email it only gives me the option to send from hotmail.co.uk account    I just need to know how can I send it from talktalk.net addresss to people  as it come up denied from that sender how can I retify that

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Have you set up the TalkTalk Mail account in Outlook for Windows? If the incoming and outgoing server settings are wrong then you'll need to right click on the account to go to manage account / manage account and remove.

To set up afresh:

• Start Outlook for Windows
  • To see the Navigation pane on the left select the triple line menu icon top left
  • Bottom of the Navigation pane select Add new account
  • On the modal that opens clear the box of any pre selected email address and enter the TalkTalk email address
  • Select Continue
  • Enter the email password in IMAP password
  • Select Show more
  • You can select recommended settings but check that the entries are correct

IMAP configuration
Hostname: mail.talktalk.net
Port: 993
Secure connection type: SSL / TLS (recommended)

SMTP configuration
Hostname: smtp.talktalk.net
Port: 587
Secure connection type: StartTLS

• Select Continue

Does that now connect to your TalkTalk Mail account?