cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Request for IMAP access

P1392560
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 5

Mee too,

The email address affected is in my private notes.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

hI P1392560, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Yes, absolutely right that you've got a device that is compatible with TalkTalk mail secure encryption and if that's the only way you collect your emails then when the secure settings are used and the mailbox access is restored the device will authenticate the password.

I've requested that full access is restored for the mailbox email address in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

P1392560
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

It is an iPhone X SMAX (10) The IOS  is 16.3.1 (which I looked up is compatible with TLS1.2  encyption

It the standard Apple email software.

We had deleted the email account on the phone so don't know the previous port settings. A previous ayyempt to fix the problem before I read all the posts on here.

When we add the email back onto the phone, we continually get there is no Password for Talktalk.

We have checked the password is correct by logging onto webmail.

Thank you..........Huw

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Give us more detail please. What devices are you using? What email software? No send, No receive, No send or receive?

Are you confident that no help is necessary checking the services / devices / email software for compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got a stop on sending or mailbox access switched off because ports 25 or 110 or 143 were used?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution