cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Suspended Email Account

AlexBryant
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

I need some help to recover my suspended account. I am able to login to the account, change my password, but cannot receive any emails. I called customer service today and they're solution did not work, plus they hung up on me. I need to be able to receive emails in order to manage other accounts. Please can someone provide me with urgent assistance. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Alex

Check to make sure there is no Auto forward or other Rules that might be diverting mail from the Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hello Ady,

I'm afraid that I'm still not recieving any emails in my inbox. Please could you help? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Alex, it was restored yesterday afternoon.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Dear Ady, 

Thanks for this. Do you know when my mailbox will be restored? 

Alex

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi AlexBryant, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full service. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 20

Thanks Gondola.

Message 7 of 20

I had expected Ady-TalkTalk to be online today to pick up this topic. However, not seen him online at all so I'd expect you to be contacted from Monday onwards as there's no weekend support.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Dear Gondola and others on the community, I have not yet been contacted by TalkTalk technical support. When can I expect to be contacted and assisted? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Gondola,

Thank you very much. That is most helpful. Please do request TalkTalk assistance and I shall update my details.

Message 10 of 20

OK, so that does mean the mailbox is likely to be suspended and not active on the mail platform. The mail you sent earlier would have received a bounceback error code also to advise that the address is not accepting mail.

It's up to TalkTalk now to decide whether to unsuspend the mailbox or not. It's obviously been flagged for deletion for some time so the system may delete it without further notice as the message from TalkTalk indicates.

If you wish to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

I'll request TalkTalk Support take a look and see if it's possible to withdraw the full deletion process.

Message 11 of 20

Apologies. It says that it is undeliverable. What are my next steps? 

What can I do if the account is 'Undeliverable'?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

You're not giving me the answer to my question so let me approach this another way.

What happens if you enter your email address and complete the reCAPTCHA security at the verifalia.com website? Does that say Deliverable or Undeliverable when it does the verification check on your mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Thank you for the assistance. 

When I login, my inbox appears and I can access all the other folders. 

I get no error message when I login. 

My inbox contained an email from Talk Talk which reads as follows: 

"We recently contacted you to let you know that after a review of your TalkTalk email account [...], we have identified that it has not been accessed or used for over 365 days. Under the Terms and Conditions that you were given when taking TalkTalk broadband, we have the right to close and delete email accounts that have not been accessed for a minimum of 180 days. Under these Terms we have made decision to suspend your email address on 19 August 2023, and all email content will be permanently deleted on 18 September 2023."

However, all of my email content is still in my inbox. The only thing I am unable to do is receive messages, which is the facility that I need.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Screenshot so I can see which mail platform you're on and I'll tell you how to check for filter rules and mailbox security.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

That useful to know. How then do I resolve the non-receipt of emails issue? 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

If you can sign in to webmail and see your mailbox folders in your mailbox then it clearly hasn't been suspended.

So would you like to clarify exactly what happens when you sign in and what you see. Screenshots are useful so we can see what you see. Image edit to redact personal data before uploading here.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

I have just sent an email from another non-TalkTalk account and, alas, no luck. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Yes, no incoming emails appear in my inbox. The background to the matter is that I recently happened upon my login details for my email account and when I logged in it said that my account would be suspended on 18 September 2023. As I mentioned previously, I can access my email account and change my password, but am not receiving any emails. I assume that is because the account has been suspended. However, I need to recover this account and need to be able to receive emails. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

When you say you cannot receive emails, is that no incoming emails at all appear in your Inbox?  What happens when you use a non-TalkTalk mailbox, e.g. Gmail, to send your tiscali mailbox a message? Does that get sent and appear in the Inbox?

Heads up that currently, no mail from TalkTalk Mail mailboxes to other TalkTalk mailboxes is being received. There's a problem with on-platform email. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

Have you signed in to webmail and checked that your mailbox does not have an auto forward set or other filter rules that may be diverting emails from your Inbox?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

0 Likes