cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT602

martinD2020
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi

Started receiving a TT602 message last night about 23:15. Gave up, and tried again this morning. Still no joy - same message. I use Thunderbird. I have checked settings and they are good. I don't use a VPN. I have restarted Thunderbird, and rebooted my PC. And still getting TT602. I'm not a big email user, although the last few days have been sending more than average - perhaps 10 yesterday. Receiving messages OK

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Martin,

I can see that Gondola has given you some good advice, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

Message 2 of 5

On the current version of TalkTalk Mail software it's not possible for a user to discover other sign-ins or to force the sign out of other sign-ins other than by setting a time-out for all users. That's via the Main Settings menu > Settings menu item and Basic settings where Automatic sign out is normally set to disable but can be set for a specific time-out. All users signed in to the mailbox would potentially see a count-down notification that can be overridden so it's not a definitive way to force an unwanted user off the mailbox.

If you do believe your password may have been discovered then scan your devices for viruses and malware then upgrade the password.

If spam protection has rate limited the sending from the mailbox then just give that 24 hours and in the meantime use webmail. Then re-test.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

martinD2020
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I only use my PC to access mail, so there shouldn't be any multiple sign-ins. As far as I know, my password is strong, and limited to this sign-in - not used elsewhere. How would I discover if other sign-ins had been made?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The TT602 error message indicates the spam protection system is rate limiting your outgoing messages. Could be because multiple sign ins have been made to your mailbox. Sign out of all instances of connections to your mailbox.

Sign in just to TalkTalk Mail webmail for the time being. It may take 24 hours for the rate limiting to be relaxed so bear that in mind when re-testing.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes