cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Undeliverable to gmail

JoMarvel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have a tiscali.co.uk email address (from way back, gradually migrated to TalkTalk) with mail.talktalk.net as my outgoing server. All emails to gmail addresses are now being notified as undeliverable, failing DMARC or SPF or DKIM authentication checks. What can I do to be sure that my messages go out with the necessary authentication checks?

Martin

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That's great news JoMarvel, glad to hear that you've managed to fix the problem with Gondola's assistance 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 10

Great. Don't forget Accept as Solution to close this topic so TalkTalk Support know it's been answered and solved.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

I think it's working now. Time will tell. Thanks.

Message 4 of 10

If all is OK now, to close this topic as Answered please scroll to my first reply, select the triple dots menu bottom right of that post and select the menu item Accept as Solution.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thunderbird test worked.

Message 6 of 10

Let us know when you're back in control.

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for quick reply. Webmail worked sending to my (only) gmail address. As client I'm using Thunderbird, and was on SSL/TLS security. I have changed that to STARTTLS and Authentication is set to Normal password. I'll do another test from Thunderbird.

Message 8 of 10

Test the sending in TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail Tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

Do you get signed in OK and successfully send mail to Gmail?

If you're using an email client which one?  Does it support encryption to TLS 1.2 standard? Are you sending from port 587 using the smtp.talktalk.net host name and STARTTLS encryption with authentication by the Tiscali Username (full email address) and tiscali password and, if needed, My outgoing server requires authentication ticked?

JoMarvel
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Correction: Outgoing server is smtp.talktalk.net. I believe smtp.tiscali.net no longer works.

0 Likes