cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Pipex email stopped working

cmc75
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi

I access my pipex webmail through mail fetching in Google mail which has now stopped working. I've delted the account from Google mail fetch settings but it won't accept the new mail settings in Google and keeps saying the server isn't responding.

Can anyone in support offer any assistance?

Thanks

cmc75

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi cmc75,

Glad to hear it working now, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 17

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

You'll need to enter the master pipex mailbox address as the alias will not be recognised for a password change.

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

If you see only the one option then sign in to the master mailbox and set up password recovery via the main settings menu and the menu item Update your reset details.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

cmc75
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

All sorted now. Thanks again for the great help, very much appreciated.

One other query I had was around my password for my email. I'd like to change this but don't know how to. I had tried to log in here:

However, it doesn't recognise my pipex username/ password that I use for my email. I guess it's because I'm not a subscribing talktalk customer so therefore don't have an account and only using a legacy email account dating back from when talktalk took over pipex. Is there any other way I can change my password?

Thanks again

cmc75

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi cmc75, I've checked and your mailbox now has full function. Please let us know if you still need help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 17

Nobody in TalkTalk land is advising me. I would like to keep you updated but I'm running blind.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi 

apologies for chasing... Has Ady or anyone in talktalk support had the opportunity to look at this by any chance?

thanks for the help, and again apologies for chasing, I appreciate you probably have lots on.

cmc75

Message 7 of 17

Hi Gondola 

I put the alias email address in the private notes so I’ll also put the master email address which I do know.

thanks again 

Message 8 of 17

Ady's not normally online at weekends to provide us with support. There have been delays that Ady was working hard to resolve.  Devices will not authenticate until the POP3 access is switched back on.

I've pushed another reminder into TalkTalk Support's workflow because my first escalation was 28th February.

Just to ask, was the email address you notified a master pipex email address of the form abcd12@dsl.pipex.com or an alias email address? If you normally use an alias address and you know the master address could you please add the master address to Private Notes. The reason for asking is that the mailbox itself is assigned the master pipex email address. So that mailbox is the one that needs the configuration amending to allow POP3 access. Just in case the reason for this long delay is because the team setting the mailbox configurations couldn't find the mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi 

I waited 48 hours and I'm still getting an authentication error when I go to add my email account to Gmail to fetch my pipex email. 

putting in:

my email (as username)

my password

pop server = mail.talktalk.net

I'm selecting port 995

ticking the box that reads: Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.

however I'm still getting the following authentication error message: 

Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.

Server returned error: "[AUTH] Authentication failed."

can anyone offer any advice? I also can't add my pipex email to my apple device using the new security email settings.

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes

cmc75
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Presumably once the 48 hours or so has passed I just set up the account on the new secure settings and I'm back to operating normally but under the new secure environment?

CMC75

Message 11 of 17

Hi cmc75, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 12 of 17

I've requested full access to be restored. TalkTalk Support will respond here asap.

cmc75
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Hi, I've added my pipex email address to my private notes now in my profile If support could restore mailbox access then that would be appreciated.

thanks

cmc75

Message 14 of 17

My advice for this forum is to stick with this Community profile registered with your Gmail address and do not confuse the situation by having two active Community registrations. Certainly not at this time. There's enough confusion over getting users to apply secure mail settings to their email accounts. 

cmc75
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi and thanks for replying and help

this appears to be the problem and I never got around to changing the settings before the account was locked out. My fault!

I'm having a problem updating my profile for some reason via the link you posted. When I registered on the forum it wouldn't allow me to use my pipex email address and I had to use my Gmail address. It was insisting on an 8 letter password to login by mine's is only 6 letters.

When I'm updating the profile per the link above I'm trying to use the option to change my email address from gmail to pipex but it keeps saying "The email address is already used by another account" but I can't get into this account.

Any ideas how I can get you my Pipex email address for a reset?

Thanks again

CMC75

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi cmc75 

Was the Google POP3 mail collection previously set to use port 110 and no SSL secure connection?

The secure setup for POP3 mail collection is to use:

Username: Full pipex email address

Password: pipex email password

Port: 995

and tick always use a secure connection (SSL)

But because POP3 access has now been switched off for your pipex mailbox due to the continued use of insecure settings Google will not be able to authenticate the Username or password and you will see 'Server denied POP3 access' .

So, I'll request TalkTalk Support to restore access to your mailbox.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name

Alternative mobile contact number

Scroll down to Private notes to add the pipex email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.