cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email issue 15/05

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Private Message

Message 24 of 24

We’re aware that some of our customers are having problems with their Tiscali email service. 

The issue only seems to be impacting email clients such as Outlook. The webmail service is working as normal.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, we're working hard to get things back up and running as quickly as possible.

Please check you have the current upto date email settings as below:

Email settings | SMTP, IMAP & POP3 | TalkTalk Help & Support

Further updates can be found here Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi, mine was set to tiscal.co.uk so changed both to talktalk.net which appears to have resolved the problem. Can only assume a change has come about without informing the users. Why am I not surprised?!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Good morning,

If anyone is still experiencing the same issue then please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Tiscali is the original company before Talk Talk took over. When it did my Tiscali address remained the same. The suggestion is that we are now outdated and all settings should be talk.talk.net. However, it maybe that there was a fault that Talk Talk have addressed and all is resumed... Haven't tested this though...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

I wasn't aware that settings perhaps needed to change. Emails stopped coming in so tried changing the imap server from tiscali.co.uk to talktalk.net and the same for smtp and it all started working again....

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Did not know there are new email settings for tiscali.  What are they.  I will try it out once I know what they are.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Just to clarify that i did not change the server to talktalk.net. It is now working as tiscali.co.uk as usual.

Message 7 of 24

Seems that the answer is yes. Changing my i phone out going mail settings from smpt.tiscali.co.uk to smpt.talktalk.net cleared the lack of out going mail.

But why don't they tell us this instead of having to endlessly search for the info ? 

Message 8 of 24

Finally just this minute, my emails have come through and it is now working!  Talktalk have wasted nearly 2 days of my time!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Ady,  thanks that did work on my i phone. Changed from smtp tiscali to smpt talktalk.net for out going mail. This problem only occurred about 20 or so hours ago.

Strange that only iphone affected as my WinPC is OK.

Would have been good in the interests of customer satisfaction to have flagged this change up earlier by another means, an email to all Tiscali users would have saved a lot of angst ?

Message 10 of 24

Just to clarify, since yesterday morning i cannot receive or send emails on my pc or imac. i receive emails on my iphone but cannot reply. I can only receive and send emails on the webmail site.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

This email from talktalk concerns tiscali email and yet it suggests to check email settings and then shows the server as talktalk.net!

My tiscali email has always been set to 

imap.tiscali.co.uk and smtp.tiscali.co.uk 

Is this correct or has talktalk changed the server without informing me and other tiscali users?  If so you have just wasted two days of my time trying to get my email to work!

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

Hi LowFlyer, if you can make sure you have the correct settings in your mail client and reboot it after you change you'll find it works normally. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

All TalkTalk domains use the TalkTalk.net settings now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

john26481
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 24

The recommended settings refer to talktalk not tiscali, are they the same?

0 Likes

LowFlyer
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 24

You may be aware of the problem but the inability to send emails for more than 17 hours is having an impact. And with no predicted fix in sight ?

It is not just impacting clients on Outlook but those with a Tiscali address as well..

Incoming mail is OK but one does need to reply !!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 24

Hi darayus, have you removed the email account from the client and added it again as a new account with the new settings? If not please do and remember to reboot after making the changes to ensure the new information is saved. 

Ady

0 Likes

darayus
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 17 of 24

I am having the same problems.  Though I have a tiscali account, I tried using the TalkTalk net settings in my Outlook 2019 with my tiscali email id but it still does not connect to the server.  When is this problem likely to be resolved as it is extremely inconvenient having to use TalkTalk webmail for this account and Outlook for my other email accounts.  If the problem is the tiscali server is there a way of droping the tiscali email id and getting a new TalkTalk email id?

0 Likes

Nickn2
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 24

I am very annoyed that Talktalk appear to have changed the email settings for tiscali email without sending a notification on that email to all users.  I had to waste 2 hours yeaterday to find out that there had been a change and even then the people I spoke to just sent me a list of current settings without admitting that the reason why my tiscali email had failed was because they had changed the email settings from tiscali to talktalk.  This was a spectacular failure of customer relationship management and Talktalk should be ashamed of themselves.  Next time you are changing server settings  - let your customers know what you are doing.

Message 19 of 24

I have changed the server settings and smtp to talktalk.net and all appears to working ok.

Thanks for everyone's help

Message 20 of 24

Outlook 2007 is a deprecated product not supported by Microsoft or TalkTalk and incapable of the secure email that is a mandatory requirement of TalkTalk for your safety and the integrity of the TalkTalk network and all other users. If you continue to use Outlook 2007 your mailbox will get restricted to webmail access only as that's secure by design. So, best that you cease using Outlook 2007 and retire it as it should have been retired 7 years ago.

What device Operating system are you running with your email? Hopefully it's Windows 10 or 11 and you can get an equivalent email service from Mozilla's Thunderbird at nil cost (although donations are welcomed). 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution