cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email issue 15/05

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Private Message

Message 28 of 28

We’re aware that some of our customers are having problems with their Tiscali email service. 

The issue only seems to be impacting email clients such as Outlook. The webmail service is working as normal.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, we're working hard to get things back up and running as quickly as possible.

Please check you have the current upto date email settings as below:

Email settings | SMTP, IMAP & POP3 | TalkTalk Help & Support

Further updates can be found here Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

27 REPLIES 27

darayus
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 21 of 28

I am having the same problems.  Though I have a tiscali account, I tried using the TalkTalk net settings in my Outlook 2019 with my tiscali email id but it still does not connect to the server.  When is this problem likely to be resolved as it is extremely inconvenient having to use TalkTalk webmail for this account and Outlook for my other email accounts.  If the problem is the tiscali server is there a way of droping the tiscali email id and getting a new TalkTalk email id?

0 Likes

Nickn2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 28

I am very annoyed that Talktalk appear to have changed the email settings for tiscali email without sending a notification on that email to all users.  I had to waste 2 hours yeaterday to find out that there had been a change and even then the people I spoke to just sent me a list of current settings without admitting that the reason why my tiscali email had failed was because they had changed the email settings from tiscali to talktalk.  This was a spectacular failure of customer relationship management and Talktalk should be ashamed of themselves.  Next time you are changing server settings  - let your customers know what you are doing.

Message 23 of 28

I have changed the server settings and smtp to talktalk.net and all appears to working ok.

Thanks for everyone's help

Message 24 of 28

Outlook 2007 is a deprecated product not supported by Microsoft or TalkTalk and incapable of the secure email that is a mandatory requirement of TalkTalk for your safety and the integrity of the TalkTalk network and all other users. If you continue to use Outlook 2007 your mailbox will get restricted to webmail access only as that's secure by design. So, best that you cease using Outlook 2007 and retire it as it should have been retired 7 years ago.

What device Operating system are you running with your email? Hopefully it's Windows 10 or 11 and you can get an equivalent email service from Mozilla's Thunderbird at nil cost (although donations are welcomed). 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 25 of 28

Do the "correct" e-mail settings work with Outlook 2007? i.e. replacing the Tiscali server host name with TalkTalk? That didn't work when I tried them back in October 2022.  Have been using the "old" settings ever since with no issues.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

You can fix this yourself @Benjy33 as it's surprisingly easy to correct out of date legacy email settings for the correct email settings that have been in use and recommended by TalkTalk for the last 6 years. Just stop using the tiscali server host name and use the talktalk.net server host name.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Changing your email password

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Benjy33
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 27 of 28

Hi. My *** tiscali.co.uk email hasn't worked since Monday on outlook. 0x800CCC0E error keeps coming up.

Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

0 Likes