cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

new outlook

pasdesign
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

how do I set up my talktalk.net email account in new windows - doesnt seem to like it

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Grateful thanks for the extra confirmation of success after the Microsoft Windows update.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Robjay
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Just to confirm that the TalkTalk email is now working with the new outlook client. I have both sent and received mail successfully. Looks like the Tuesday Windows update has cured the problems we were having.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

One of our Community members (full credit to Squirrel1947) has just posted to say that there is a Microsoft update that does fix the non-communicating issue of New Outlook.

If you're still looking to try New Outlook then first allow your Windows device to receive the latest Microsoft update and New Outlook ought to be working with TalkTalk Mail. I have confirmed the working status of New Outlook synchronising as an IMAP account with TalkTalk Mail albeit with just a single mail message outgoing and a single mail message incoming.

I have to say that New Outlook is still not on my list of recommended email clients because of the past issues but you're welcome to go for it and do let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The way that Microsoft have designed New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows does not currently work with TalkTalk Mail. Revert to Windows Mail or use another email client like Mozilla's Thunderbird that will work as normal and connect directly to your TalkTalk mailbox.

0 Likes