cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Huawei mt992 g.fast modem on fiber 150

iporumb
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

I have a Huawei mt992 g.fast modem used with a 3rd party router. This configuration worked very well for the last four years, at least. Today I became aware that the "Internet" light on the huawei mt992 modem is off. The Internet seems to work fine, but I never saw the light off on the "Internet" light on the modem before. Should I worry? Do you have an idea how to fix that? Thanks.

Iulian
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi,

No problem and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Yes, that was yesterday, I believe. However, this morning, after connecting my PC to the modem directly by cable, the "Internet" light came back and is still on after reconnecting the router with the modem. The connection seems stable, and the speed is maximum.

Fingers crossed, there's no need for more testing.

Thank you, Michelle!

Iulian
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Have you been rebooting/switching off the router/modem?

Thanks

iporumb
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle,

It doesn't seem to affect the stability or speed of the connection; can you please, run a test on the line? I've done it from my account, but do you have the means to run more complex testing?

Thanks

Iulian
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is this affecting the speed or stability of your connection or causing any performance issues? Would you like us to run a line test?

Thanks

0 Likes