cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

NO External IP ADDRESS - CITYFIBRE INSTALLATION

FraserMD
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hello,

Please can someone help with my full fibre installation.

The city fibre engineers came out today and connected my modem and EERO Pro 6 router however when attempting to connect I get the repeated response of there being no External IP address to connect to.

I have spent hours on the phone today with your colleagues who have not been able to help me, however looking through similar topics it seems your team here have been able to find a fix.

I hope you can help me with mine,

Thanks,

Fraser

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

That's great news Fraser, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Great Chris thanks for your help! That's it up and running now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Fraser,

I've received an update from City Fibre, they say the issue should now be resolved so could you please retest and let me know if you can now connect

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Thanks. I've found it now, I'll ask City Fibre to take a look 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

On the email it recorded my flat number (x / x) as (day / month), maybe that is the issue

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Chris,

Yes that's definitely my address and the correlated order number I was given. City fibre came out yesterday morning at 8.30am to install.

Fraser

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Thanks, I've tried that number, it's not coming up with anything. I can usually find the account with the address but not in this case - could you just confirm that the address that you've entered is definitely correct 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Thanks Chris order number added now.

Fraser

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Thanks. Do you have an order number, if you do could you add it to t he private notes section of your community profile (sorry, I'm having problems finding your account)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Chris,

New customer moving from virgin thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

OK thanks. Are you an existing TalkTalk customer upgrading or a new customer moving from another provider?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Thanks Chris,

Yes I am.

Fraser

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Thanks for that, can I just ask, are you the account holder?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Thanks Chris,

That's it updated. Can you please follow up on this as a priority today I cannot work without internet and my old provider contract has ended.

Best,

Fraser

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

OK thanks for trying, could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll log it over to City Fibre

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Morning Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Had no luck with either of those options, the same error relating to the external IP address is arising.

Fraser 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Fraser,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If then still not working can you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes