cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Effect of Full Fibre Router on Ring Doorbell

allenetc
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have progressed, if that is the right word, from an older TalkTalk router to a newer Full Fibre model. The Ring doorbell, on WiFi update,  now says it can't accept a VPN which I don't have. 

What security settings need to be changed, presumably in the router,  to accommodate something that has worked for years?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Are you using your router's correct WiFi password (not the router one)?

Please can you log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Then please PM the logs to me (to protect your privacy) for the time period that covers the last time you tried to connect the doorbell?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Keith,

Thank you for your input so far. The router is a SageComm device and the ring doorbell does not list the WiFi as a network although the phone recognises and uses it far beyond the range of the doorbell. I have to put the WiFi netowrk name in manually and still it doesn't work.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

There should be nothing that needs to change, providing that your Ring Door bell connects OK to the new router (which make/model is the router anyway). You might need to rename the 2.4GHz band to separate it from the 5GHz one,

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes