cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

I need update on fault on my landline but nobody available on Chat

Astra1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Openreach responded to my problem with my landline, told me I would need the cable replacing but nothing heard since Saturday to let me know what the next part of the process is and nobody available from TalkTalk to let me know either.  My phoneline has been dead since Friday 9th Feb, having been deteriorating for a couple of days prior to that.  Fault ref. 13973578.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Astra1

I'm so glad to hear this.

Openreach have updated the fault ticket this afternoon to advise work was completed at the cabinet to resolve the fault.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Many thanks, this seems to be sorted now.

Message 3 of 13

Hi Astra1

Apologies for this.

I have escalated this back over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Yes, dead, just humming.  It seemed to be repaired for about an hour on Saturday afternoon and then died again.

0 Likes

Astra1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

It actually returned to normal for about an hour on Saturday afternoon, then died again...

0 Likes

Astra1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Yep, line still dead, it flashes to say a call incoming periodically so presumably someone checking the line but the line just hums and no dialling tone

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Sorry, yes it looks as though Openreach have closed the fault ticket. Just to confirm, is the telephone line completely dead, no dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

And I can't use the link on the FAULT RESOLVED message to say the fault is still outstanding as it doesn't connect to anything either....

0 Likes

Astra1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

I have had an update saying the fault has been resolved, which it most certainly hasn't, the line is still sitting there quietly buzzing away, dead as a dodo...

0 Likes

Astra1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Done

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Astra1,

Can you please update your profile as Divsec has requested and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Astra1 your post has been escalated and you should hear soon in the meantime please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified by the team here. Please don't post personal information here. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.