cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phantom fault reporting?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 111 of 111

I've reported this to staff here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Stars-Lounge/Service-Centre-is-now-called-MyConnection/td-p/2944...

I wouldn't have been testing my line except for you asking CSs to check what is going on for the new My Connection.

Each of the previous supposed fault reports have fallen off naturally after 3 days. I have never been informed if any of these faults were actually worked on.

Were the faults ever there or is this a fault with your system?

As the last listed fault had cleared as usual, I thought I would run another test for you, so here is another fault number:

Screenshot_20230201-165234_Chrome.jpg

I am getting rather fed up not knowing whether there's actually a fault going on or whether anything is actually being done about it, if there is. 

Could you please clarify the situation?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
110 REPLIES 110

Message 1 of 111

Thanks,  @Chris-TalkTalk.

Will be in touch after Easter then.

All the best, 

😊 Gliwmaeden2 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

The type of engineer we send depends on the line test results, we can only send a non-appointed engineer if the line test fails and fails for a specific reason. 

We can only book engineers a couple of weeks in advance so if you could let us know nearer the time we'll book this for you. We can nearly always get an appointment for next working day or the working day after

Chris

Message 3 of 111

@Michelle-TalkTalk, a complete stranger tried to ring about lessons this morning but could barely hear me speak.

Like with my Mum, I had to ask them to call back again. 

Then they were able to hear me perfectly well. 

This is the same pattern as I get with my mum, so not just to do with her line. Mum sometimes has to try two or three times to get it to ring at my end, though today she got through first time. She had no problem hearing me today, unlike the new pupil. So sporadic but definitely ongoing, and not a good enough standard. 

I suspect that this is more of the problem going back to December when the fault number disappeared after a few days at a time, with nothing being done at Talktalk's end.  Then it reappears as a fault on My Connection when I test it anew.

This does make the fault ticket routine (when they are supposed to be "working on it") rather a farce.

I have to come and go rather a lot for a few weeks.

Has anybody ever checked things properly at the exchange?

Could that be done first?

Otherwise, the first possible morning with ample margin before I get busy is Wednesday 19th April.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 111

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that and please let us know when you'd like to proceed.

Thanks

Message 5 of 111

Thanks, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

It was bad at the first attempt again this morning.....

So it may already be getting worse!

If I can find daylight in the schedule I'll post back for getting an engineer sooner if need be, but definitely not while in end of term crisis etc.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 111

Morning,

Ok I understand and we're here if you would like us to arrange an engineer at a later date.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 111

It's been showing a fault whenever I have tested it ever since I began this thread, @Michelle-TalkTalk, but sometimes no symptoms at all at this end, i.e. no problem at all perceptible despite it showing the fault.

So: I started checking it when you needed to check that the revamped My Connection was actually working as a test tool. (Though I did report similar problems before Xmas - not sure if it was ever truly resolved then therefore.)

It coincides with sometimes my mum not getting through the first two or three times, and my voice was impossible apparently when I first replied yesterday, though she sounded normal to me. All was fine on the next attempt.

With many calls there's no problem at all.

I lost a day of holiday at half term waiting for the Yodel delivery of the router. I don't have large amounts of time to set side at the moment at all, as the rest of life goes totally out of kilter when you can't get on with things and an engineer visit will disrupt my work space.

So this is just an interim report. The broadband is fine, which is the main thing for now.

There's not a clear enough stretch of time to cope with an engineer before the summer holidays. Unless the phone is consistently unusable, I'll wait till then!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 111

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is My Connection still showing the same error today? If the connection is intermittent then I think we should go ahead with an engineer visit.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 111

Nothing from the returns department yet, two weeks on....

Intermittent fault persists regardless of which router is in place - no time to fit in engineer visits for the foreseeable...

Your My Connection is not functioning correctly:

20230314_235235.jpg

20230314_235252.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 111

Morning,

I understand. It's possible that they may be delayed in working through the returns and that's why you haven't you received the confirmation as yet. As you have your postage as proof then there is no worry about any router charges.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 111

I've just checked using the PO tracker, and Talktalk has had this since Friday,  which should have been ample time to send confirmation to me.

I know that you can help me on here, but many customers don't have the reassurance of the forum and this sort of thing could cause them anxiety. 

For the record:

Screenshot_20230301-084915_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 12 of 111

Thanks, @Michelle-TalkTalk. They do seem to be very inconsistent about the efficiency of processing these returns!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 111

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not received the confirmation email to confirm that the router has been received. In the possible event of a router charge then we would resolve this for you ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 111

@Debbie-TalkTalk / @Michelle-TalkTalk, there's not been any acknowledgement at all, nearly a week later.

As I said, there was no acknowledgement of the last one until the current incident arose, and actually no request from Talktalk to send one back.

Very disheartening seeing the poor level of communication, particularly when £50.00 might hang on it. 😪

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 111

@Debbie-TalkTalk, no, it's been a very poor service for recording all this.

The last message I received from Talktalk regarding returning a router was back in May 2022:

Screenshot_20230222-150820_Email.jpg

I posted on the forum that I had returned it, back then, but I have had no confirmation of receipt until last week:

20230222_150951.jpg

And I have not had a request for the return of the latest one except on the forum, which is why I have posted on here that I have returned it.

A customer not posting on these forums would be all at sea ..... it's not a competent service.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2

You should receive the email once the router has arrived back to our Warehouse.

I returned a router myself last week and around 4/5 days after posting I then received the email to confirm that they received it.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 111

I already did receive a thank you,  BEFORE sending, as mentioned above.....unless they have a backlog of c 9 months before confirming, @Debbie-TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thank you 🙂

You should receive an email to confirm once this has been received.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 111

I've posted a Sagemcom router back to Talktalk today. 

20230222_135657.jpg

Message 20 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for your reply. Ok, please let us know if the fault does start to occur more often.

Debbie

0 Likes