cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Grandstream eero Landline Problems

Dec72
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Fibre installation has been a nightmare! Too long to post but latest issue is no landline!

received Grandstream today but no phone light on it so can’t use phone 

back office looking into but looking at upto 48hrs

any help or advice would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 13

Glad it all works now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Dec72
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Working now. Same handset. Reset didn’t work so tried to leave Ethernet out of eero then worked 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Did you try another handset then?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Latest is that blue phone light is now on and can make and receive calls BUT no sound so although phone rings, and at caller end too, cannot hear each other?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thanks, out at present so will try later and let you know. Cheers

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Thank you. unless the handset is faulty, something is either blocking the VoIP registration process (hence why the Eero removed from the circuit is a possible solution, in case it blocks it) or the phone line is not set up correctly on the TalkTalk network.

When I know the answer about the handset, I will ask one of the TalkTalk support people on this forum to help you, but I expect that will not be until after this Bank Holiday period.

Keith

Dec72
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

I’ll try later. It says not registered. I will try another phone but could do without attitude when trying to rectify 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

What does the Grandstream documentation say that this telephone light indicates?

Once again, have you tried another phone handset?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Well I have followed all eero and Grandstream set up guides? Only light not on is the telephone light. I’m not in at present so will try again but not sure what you more you need?!?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

It is really a case of finding out what the real cause of the problem is, before working out the solution. Not having access to your network or not being on-site, I can only guess as to a solution.

Can you give any more information like what lights are on the Grandstream & is it that the phone won't register? Have you tried a different phone handset? I am really guessing here because you have provided me with nothing to go on.

Keith

0 Likes

Dec72
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Thanks. I did try this last night after reading other threads. I will try again today but is this the only possible solution?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

If the phone isn't registered, connect the Grandstream's Ethernet port directly to the ONT in place of the router & then reset it. If it all works, then reconnect the router to the ONT & Grandstream to the router.

Keith

0 Likes