cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phantom fault reporting?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 111 of 111

I've reported this to staff here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Stars-Lounge/Service-Centre-is-now-called-MyConnection/td-p/2944...

I wouldn't have been testing my line except for you asking CSs to check what is going on for the new My Connection.

Each of the previous supposed fault reports have fallen off naturally after 3 days. I have never been informed if any of these faults were actually worked on.

Were the faults ever there or is this a fault with your system?

As the last listed fault had cleared as usual, I thought I would run another test for you, so here is another fault number:

Screenshot_20230201-165234_Chrome.jpg

I am getting rather fed up not knowing whether there's actually a fault going on or whether anything is actually being done about it, if there is. 

Could you please clarify the situation?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
110 REPLIES 110

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 111

Not for now, thanks, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

There obviously IS a problem and intermittent is hard to pin down, which leaves the customer vulnerable to charges.

But unless it gets noticeably worse and interferes with important work getting done, I'll live with it for now.

Far too much to do this month to have the disruption of a visit as it is all in my working space .... 

I'll follow up if it's essential and if time allows  - can't see that happening before the summer!

0 Likes

Message 22 of 111

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've checked the line test and it is still clear so the next step will be an engineer visit to the property if you'd like to go ahead with this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 111

Just for the record, @Michelle-TalkTalk / @Debbie-TalkTalk, I ran a connection test for Broadband tonight, and got the all clear.

Ran the connection test for phone line and got a new fault ticket:

Screenshot_20230220-233730_Chrome.jpg

 So we definitely got nowhere simply by swapping the routers.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 111

Hi,

I understand and please let us know if this does start to happen more often and we can arrange the visit for you. Intermittent faults are usually harder to locate.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 111

Thanks for checking. 

At the moment, I am not organising an engineer, @Debbie-TalkTalk, unless the problem gets worse. 

Running around after intermittent faults takes a disproportionate amount of time, and I lost a day of holiday waiting around for a Yodel delivery driver who didn't know his way around.... only to get delivered a faulty Sagemcom. Not really been worth it! 😪

0 Likes

Message 26 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2

The line test is clear - No faults detected.

If the same fault still happens then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 111

Yes, fine to run it now, @Michelle-TalkTalk. This is with Sagemcom still plugged in.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 111

Hi,

If the voice issue is still happening then I can re-run the line test again, would it be ok to do it now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 111

Still currently on the Sagemcom, and my mum tried to phone but again had to try again a second time. 

So the Sagemcom hadn't sorted the fault anyway - I will send it back, as the wifi is better with the Huawei.

Fault ticket not currently showing in My Connection. I'll live with the issue for the time being and report back if symptoms get worse. 

So issue not resolved,  just "on hold".

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 111

Not yet switched back to the Huawei, @Michelle-TalkTalk. Will do when I have a moment. 

We had trouble with the stability of a previous Sagemcom after last May's updates too..... like many other people find, it seems to come with many bugs!

I'll try not to panic when my mum says she can't get through first time, but of the two issues, this is the lesser problem.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 111

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you re-connected the Huawei Wifi Hub? Yes, please can one of the routers be returned. If the Sagemcom router is unstable then it may be worth returning this one.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 111

A brief disconnection today while using Facebook. 

I just don't want this happening while doing eg banking or making a purchase. 

Might swap back to the Huawei, which doesn't do this  - as mentioned above,  the fault is still logged anyway, regardless of which router.

I really can't afford the time, on top of busy days, to keep chasing this, so may be better putting up with the occasional phone call not working rather than occasional wifi drops.

If they are expecting me to send back a router, I think I have an old one not returned that I could still send back. Will that do for recording equipment as returned?

They haven't actually asked for it yet....as mentioned many posts ago, they just thanked me for already returning it.....none of that has been explained in any of the staff replies!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 111

The fault ticket is still showing:

Screenshot_20230218-172709_Chrome.jpg

Probably correctly reporting the fault, as my mum could not get through to me the first time she tried - I didn't hear it ring.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 111

OK, I've disabled wifi optimisation as requested 🙂

Chris

Message 35 of 111

It's worth a try, @Chris-TalkTalk.

I could do without the disconnections,  however brief they might be!

0 Likes

Message 36 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Would you like me to turn off wifi optimisation?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 111

@Chris-TalkTalk, thanks for that.

The fault ticket still shows in My Connection, though the routers were switched by 11pm last night.

Should not now be showing?

Edit: there may well still be some sort of fault.

I just had another loss of connection with a brief message, too short to note, but I dashed downstairs and the router light was still white.

This was NOT happening with the Huawei. 

So Huawei interfered with phone, but was otherwise more dependable. 

Should wi-fi optimisation be switched off for the Sagemcom, @Chris-TalkTalk? Could that sort these brief interruptions?

Still doesn't explain why Huawei wasn't being affected, and Sagemcom is. And neighbours are away on both sides of me for half term, so not beavering away here using the internet. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 111

OK, firmware is updating now, it should complete within 10 minutes, please don't switch off your router

Chris

Message 39 of 111

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

I'll start the firmware update now

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 111

I did wonder if it would be up to date!

You can do this now if you've time as I won't be using it for the rest of this morning. 

Desperate to get things done that couldn't be done yesterday while the Yodel van was getting lost....!

0 Likes