cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Remote Access

georgesmart5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

How do I allow remote access to Norton for online tune up?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Hi @georgesmart5 

If you are not using the remote access software mentioned by @I_am_H15 in the previous post, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

I_am_H15
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

How to unblock TeamViewer or RustDesk - the SAFE way
(update to my previous post about TeamViewer only)

These remote access applications are blocked by TalkTalk as part of ‘Scam Protection’ FOR GOOD REASON – they could be use by a scammer to gain access to you computer (if you fall for his lies).

However many of us actually want to have safe remote access to a distant computer – e.g. for remote working. If so, you’ll need to unblock the relevant domain. Here’s how:

Log into ‘your TalkTalk account and click on “My package and services”, then go to “My security settings”. Once there, you COULD turn off “Scam Protection” to allow remote access, BUT that is NOT a good idea as it will unblock everything! There is a SAFER WAY:

Turn on “Kid Safe” and go to “Kid Safe Settings”. Even if you don’t have kids, whilst here you might want to tick one or two types of websites to block (someone might visit someday).

Then “Click here to manually block or allow websites”.

In the “Website URL” box type teamviewer.com or rustdesk.com, click “Allow” then “Save changes”. (You can also add other domains if you require).

You should now be able to access TeamViewer/RustDesk.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

What software do you intend to use on your PC for this remote access? Does it require port forwarding to be configured on the router or does it access some sort of account?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

georgesmart5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thinks for your response. It is not a scam. I asked Norton to tune up my computer and when we started the process they could not contact it. When I told them that I was with Talk Talk they said the I needed to contact them since, in their experience, they needed  to tell me how to allow the access.

georgesmart5

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Are you sure that this is not a scam, why can't it be done by you sitting in front of your PC?

Keith

0 Likes