cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Supersafe on Android in funny state

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Here a couple of screenshots from my Android phone.

Status messageStatus messageSupersafe dashboardSupersafe dashboard

I am a little concerned that the status message says "PROTECTION IS OFF", while dashboard says "device is protected". Which one do I believe?

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

My "Android" phone is actually running MIUI, which does allow an alternative default browser. I'm pretty sure my previous Samsung allowed it too. Incidentally when re-installing Supersafe on the Xiaomi POCO phone running MIUI, I was prompted to change some permissions. I just gave Supersafe every possible permission, to give it its best chance. The phone has its own software which scans every app which I download, so they all get scanned twice, once by that and once by Supersafe.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

On Android Google have ensured that you can't set an alternate browser as default. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I've done that, and I'll see what happens. The process grabbed another F-secure licence, but I've logged on and released the previous one. I think I will have to find the place to redefine the Supersafe browser as the default. The will be a thread in here somewhere about that because I asked for hep before.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Jbuchanangb, have you tried removing and reinstalling it? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes