cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Eero6 5ghz connection

Felix2014
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

I am having difficulty with connecting my new Samsung tv to 5ghz on my eero 6, it is currently on 2.4ghz and I can't stream 4k contents. Please I need help to resolve this issue. Thanks

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this straight over to our Devices Team now and have asked the team to apply the fix to resolve this particular issue. I will post back here to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

Hello Chris,

I just retested and it is still on 2.4ghz. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 35

Hi Felix2014,

Could you just retest and let me know if you can now connect the TV on the 5GHz band

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

Thanks Keith 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 35

I will pass this back to TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Please how can this be resolved?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 35

If your TV is WiFi 5, it is incredibly unlikely to be compatible with channel 155.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

I think the only issue is the lack of options to change the channels on the router. Setting them manually to channels 36-44 would fix the issues. With the current Eero 6 router stuck at channel 155, 5GHz band is very restricted and some of my devices cannot get the speed I contracted. I cannot stream 4K content on Netflix or Disney+ without interruptions, since my TV cannot connect to 5GHz - Channel 155

0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

The speed test on 2.4ghz is low and the 4k videos doesn't play. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

OK, could you just explain exactly what happens when you currently try to stream 4k content? 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Both the TV and eero router are in my living room.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

OK thanks. How far is the TV from the nearest eero? Is it in the same room?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 35

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Yes I noticed from the eero app that the tv is connected to 2.4ghz even though it has a dual band and can connect to 5ghz. But other devices from the app are on 5ghz and also from the available WiFi networks around me they all indicate 5ghz on them but mine doesn't. Thanks 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 35

Hi Felix,

Is it just the TV that you are having problems with?

Chris

0 Likes