cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView Plus Box DN372T

Gillysboy
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

Our PluBx DN372T often stops playing a rrecorded programme before the end has been reached although the original broadcast was made at the correct time. Also, when using ITV-X to view a previously broadcast programme, when the first advert break comes the playback freezes and it is impossible to move on. Our Box has the hardware version .01.01P and the serial number is D4Q8WA93A2118336.  I am wondering if after a number of years it is getting "tired"?  I would be grateful for your advice please.  Many thanks.

Peter Tobitt. Account Number *removed for security*

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

ITVX is not yet on your box. It is still the ITV Hub. ITVhave yet to deploy this to YouView boxes.

It is a common fault that adverts play but when switching to the program it falls over. This is due to the programme and adverts being held on 2 separate servers and the switchback fails. Its uncanny though that the adverts always play!

This also happens on C4 and C5 and happens on other devices too. ITV are responsible for the app so if the reset didn't work you need to report issues to them.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Gillysboy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hello fr8ys,

Many thanks for your advice.  I have now done the Factory Reset-Keep Recordings sequence.  We shall have to see if this makes any difference and if the same symptoms re-occur. I feel that the problem when using ITV-X and the player stopping when adverts come in may be to do with download speed, althoough a test shows that it is within the parameters required. One day we shall be able to get full fibre into the house and then I am hoping these problems will go away.

Best regards,

Gillysboy

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. 

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non-recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you. 

Hope it works but if not then please let us know as you are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).