cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Payment methods and paying your bill

No ratings

Setting up a direct debit is the easiest, most convenient way to pay your monthly bill. Your payments will be automatically taken from your account each month, so you don't have to worry about missing your payment due date. If you'd prefer not to set up a direct debit that's fine, there's plenty of other ways to pay your bill. For more details see below.

Still getting Paper bills? If you're still receiving paper bills, we'd like to make you aware that from September your bill payment will be due 10 calendar days after your bill date but don’t worry, if the new date isn't suitable, you can always change your payment due date.

The easiest way to set up a Direct Debit is by using My Account - just select the Manage Payment Method option, click the button to update Direct Debit details and enter your bank account details. However, if you would prefer to set up your Direct Debit by post, follow these steps:

1. Download and print our direct debit mandate form
  2. Fill out the form with your details
  3. Send the completed form to:

TalkTalk (TTR)
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

Once set up, all charges including packages and calls will be deducted from your account automatically, normally within 7 days of your bill date. Please note that there will be a charge if the payment is refused by your bank. We'll always try to collect your payment at a similar time each month however the date your payment is collected may vary by a few days but you'll be given three working days notice from receiving your bill to collecting payment. 

Changing direct debit details

You can update your direct debit details by completing the online direct debit form in my account. Or if you'd prefer, just follow the directions below: 

1. Go to My Account and select the Bills & Payment tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click the Manage payment method option.
  3. Click the Update direct debit details button.
  4. Enter the bank or building society number into the account number box.
  5. Enter the sort code in the branch sort code boxes.
  6. Clock Confirm payment details.

Can I change the direct debit details if i'm not the account holder?

If the new direct debit details are in a different name to the one we have on file, you can download our direct debit mandate, fill it out, send it back and we will do the rest. 

To make a credit or debit card payment through your TalkTalk account:

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select on Bills & Payment from the top navigation bar
  3. Click Make a card payment
  4. Select the bill you would like to pay (TV, broadband & calls or Mobile)
  5. Enter the amount you wish to pay and click Continue
  6. Enter the debit or credit card details (unfortunately we do not accept Diners Club or JCB credit cards) and confirm that your address is correct
  7. Once you’re happy the details are correct click Make Payment
  8. Depending on your card provider you may be asked to complete an additional 3D Secure check

If you have a Direct Debit set up with TalkTalk and you make a one-off payment online within 3 working days of the Direct Debit due date, the Direct Debit will be taken in addition to the one-off payment. If this applies to you, a notification will be displayed on the first step in the card payment process. The card details are not stored in any way. As part of Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulations and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance we are not allowed to store any card details.

Paying over the phone is one of our easiest methods to pay your bill. It only takes a minute and calls are free from your TalkTalk phone. Calls from non-TalkTalk lines charged at 3ppm plus your phone company's access charge. Before you call us make sure that you have the following details on hand:

• A valid Debit or Credit card
  • Your registered TalkTalk telephone number (if you're not dialling from that number)
  • Your TalkTalk account number

Once you've gathered the information you need call us on - 0345 172 0040

1. Login with your My Account details
  2. Select Make a secure card payment
  3. Select the service you wish to pay for and select Continue
  4. Enter the amount you wish to pay then select Continue
  5. Enter your card and billing address details
  6. Select Make a payment to complete the payment

If you don't wish to pay by direct debit, our recurring card payment option allows you to set up your credit or debit card so that your payment can be taken automatically each month. 

You can set up and manage your recurring card payment on the manage payment method page in My Account. You can get to this page by following the steps below:

1. Log into My Account
  2. Click on the Bills & Payment method tab
  3. Click on Manage payment method. You should now see your current payment method details
  4. Select recurring card payment from the options and then choose the change payment method button
  5. Enter your card details into the required fields and confirm your changes

The changes will take a few minutes to take effect. Once complete you'll see a confirmation screen showing your payment method has been updated

You can pay your bill using your bank's online or telephone banking service, or at your local branch. You'll need to follow the instructions provided by your bank to set up a transfer to the following TalkTalk bank account:

TalkTalk Bank Details
Bank name HSBC
Account name TalkTalk Telecom
Account number 61299565
Sort code 40-02-50

Please ensure you enter your TalkTalk account number as the reference number. You can find this on your most recent TalkTalk bill or in My Account. Bank payments take up to 7 working days to complete.

Do I have to pay my bill in one payment?

No, you can pay as much or as little as you want. So if you want to spread your payments out over the month, that's not a problem. Just make sure that you have paid enough to cover your bill by the due date.

Will this affect my direct debit or recurring card payment?

No, if you wish to make cash payments using a bank transfer, it will not affect your existing payment method.

tt_icon-pdf To allow your bank enough time, we request your Direct Debit 3 working days before the due date. If you make a cash payment after we have sent the request, we will still take the full amount by direct debit. Any additional payments will go towards your following month's bill.

If paying with cash suits you best, you can do this at any Paypoint, Payzone or Post Office outlet. All you need is a payment key fob, which we will provide. To request your key fob contact us, we will arrange for two to be sent. These should arrive within 2 - 3 weeks. For more information about using your key fob see below:

1. Take the Key Fob to any Paypoint, Payzone or Post Office outlet
  2. Hand over the Key Fob to the attendant who will scan your unique barcode
  3. Pay your chosen amount
  4. Collect your receipt and keep it safe
  5. Leave the rest to us. Please allow 4 working days for your TalkTalk account to be updated

Pay by Cheque

If you want to pay by cheque, please send it to the following address:

TalkTalk Group
PO Box 1522
NORTHAMPTON
NN1 9HF

The cheque must be made payable to TalkTalk Telecom. Please write your TalkTalk account number and/or landline telephone number on the back of the cheque, and be sure to include the remittance slip that can be found at the bottom of your bill. This will make it easier for us to allocate the cheque payment and will avoid missing a payment. A cheque payment can take up to 14 calendar days to complete.

VAT invoice

If you require a VAT invoice you first need to be registered for paper billing. If you are currently signed up for online billing you can change your bill method in My Account. Please note that there is a charge for paper billing.

Once you are signed up for paper billing just Contact Us and we will arrange for VAT invoices to be sent out in future. We are unable to send out a VAT invoice for a bill that has already been produced.

Want to change your payment date? You can change your payment date in my account, check out Change your payment date for more information.

$
Simon
Hi, I’m Simon did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088