cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Using TalkTalk voicemail

No ratings

Our home phone voicemail service answers calls when you're away from the phone or engaged on another call. If you'd like to activate standard voicemail or Voicemail Plus, you can switch them on in My Account. 

Voicemail - Answers calls when you're away from the phone or engaged on another call

Voicemail Plus - Same as Voicemail and you can record your own personal greeting for your callers, save up to 30 messages and even check messages from other phones.

Activate your voicemail service in My Account, If you don't have My Account, follow our guide to registering.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Click the box next to Voicemail or Voicemail Plus*
  3. Then select the Update button at the bottom of your screen
  4. Select Confirm to save your changes

Turn voicemail off

Repeat the steps above, removing the tick next to Voicemail and Voicemail Plus, remember that Voicemail Plus is not currently available on our Simply Broadband package. 

You'll hear an interrupted dial tone when you pick up the phone if you have a new message. Dial 1571 to listen to your messages. 

Once you’ve listened to your message, you'll be given the option to delete it, save it or listen to your currently saved messages. If you reach your voicemail limit (10 for standard voicemail and 30 for Voicemail Plus), callers will not be able to leave any new messages. You should delete any unwanted messages to free up some space. 

Changing your voicemail greeting is a great way of letting people know they’ve got through to the right number when you can't answer their call. To change your greeting, you’ll need to have Voicemail Plus. If you only have standard voicemail, you, unfortunately, won’t be able to change your greeting. Instead, callers will hear a generic voice operator message.

To change your personal greeting using your phone:

1. Dial 1 5 7 1
  2. Dial 2 to change your personal options
  3. Follow the instructions on the phone to record and set your new greeting

To access your voicemail from another location, you'll need to have Voicemail Plus activated. First, you'll need to change your Voicemail Plus PIN:

1. Dial 1 5 7 1 from your home phone and press 2 to change your personal options
  2. Your PIN will be set as default to 1 2 3 4

Once you've changed your PIN, you can access your voicemail from another phone

1. Dial your home telephone number from another phone
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press * and then enter your new PIN
  3. This will bring you to the main menu where you can listen to your messages

Your phone will ring for 21 seconds (around 7 rings) before the caller is sent to voicemail. This timing is set and can't be changed.

Stephen
Hi, I’m Stephen did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088