would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My Account page not updated

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
roy5051uk
Popular Poster

Having had a problem with Talktalk a year or so ago, subsequently cancelling my order, I thought I would give them another try this year.

I subsequently placed an order on Tuesday this week, 18th June 2019, but my online My Account page is still showing the cancellation I made last year, and has not been updated for the order placed on Tuesday.

I have had the confirmation email thanking me for my order, my Direct Debit has been set up, and the appointment has been made for my installation.

But still the My Account page has not been updated.  I had an online chat with an agent, who said it would be updated within 24 hours, but this has still not happened.

Has anyone else had this problem, please?

Roy5051uk
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @roy5051uk

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
roy5051uk
Popular Poster

I cannot change my telephone number, because the one I was issued with last year (the cancelled order) is still showing on my details.  Talktalk have confirmed that my current number, ** removed ** with be ported from Virgin Media, but as far as I know this has not yet been done.

It is probably because my connection date, 20 July 2019, has not yet been reached, and the online page will not be updated until that date.

So I am probably being a bit impatient, and should wait till 20 July.

Roy5051uk
Highlighted
roy5051uk
Popular Poster

I am now Live on both Broadband and Telephone, but my online account has not been updated to reflect this - it is still 12 months out of date.

Any ideas, please?

Roy5051uk
Highlighted
oldebiker
First Timer

Hi Roy, I am having horrific problems with the Talktalk response to problems with MY ACCOUNT.

I try to make changes by Ticking in the appropriate box, press the UPDATE button, log out but then when I log back in the changes in MY ACCOUNT have disappeared. I was aware of the problem for some months but the prospect of a phone call with Customer Services and concern about my health and blood pressure was a deterrent. Eventually i rang Customer Services and as expected it was a dire experience. After speaking to 3 staff and 1 hour and 15 mins later I was no further forward. I tried the Online Chatline for technical support and met total incompetence.

So now I am waiting for an email from Techsupport promised within 5 days, 3 days to go.....

Highlighted
oldebiker
First Timer

Just seen a recent message from TT advising that a POPUP confirmation should appear to fix any changes in MY ACCOUNT. Have turned off POP UP BLOCKER and still no sign of a POP UP. Have also added Talktalk.co.uk to list of allowed sites and still no POP UP. The POP UP BLOCKERS have been turned of in the Browser (internet Explorer and Google Chrome and Kaspersky) In any case all Browsers are supposed to give a warning if a POP UP is being blocked.

I would be most grateful for any advice.

Thanks.