cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down since beginning of september

disgusted3000
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

First reported internet down (red light on internet led), all other lights green. Engineers are on their way! Received email that it is now fixed. Not so.
Called them and spoke to someone who had no idea about anything, tried to convince me to do something to my browser, completely ignored the fact that the internet was not connected. She kept insisting that everything was fine.
this was repeated several times to the same effect, no internet!
Used the connection checker on their website, lo and behold, "internet down we're looking into the problem, engineers on the way" etc. A week has now gone by and still no internet. Cancelled the DD, not paying 38 per month for a non existing service! Got a threatening email next day, reinstate DD or you will pay an "admin fee"!
Finally found the phone number for leaving, "oh we're so sorry you're leaving", another hour on the phone with someone not very versed in English, hard to understand what she was saying, but wanted me to agree to stuff I couldn't hear properly, what a joke!
Looks like I have to pay for 2 more months before the cancel.
Not sure why I am paying nearly 80 pounds for nothing but aggravation and frustration.
Do yourself a favour and stay away from TalkTalk!

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Done as requested

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

Staff may be able to help if you complete your community forum profile details, @disgusted3000.

It would be good to try to get the service working, and if you change ISP, the same line will need sorting anyway. 

Add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention and staff will reply during the day.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes