cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TALKTALK NOT SUPPORTING MAILCHIMP WEBSITE (ALL IMAGES BROKEN ON MAILCHIMP SITE)

JustinB
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

My son’s company has recently gone live with a website, using the Mailchimp website building tools. When viewing this website via the TalkTalk wi-fi broadband service/router, I'm experiencing problems on all devices connected to my TalkTalk Wi-Fi.

The website is: www.vamosark.co.uk

All images show up as the broken image symbol. If I switch these devices to 4G then the images all display as normal.

To confirm this is NOT an issue with our home broadband router or ANY of the standard settings that have been in place for many years and with no change in any security software or settings in the past 3 years, the EXACT same problem is being experienced by my other son’s TalkTalk broadband service in his household that is installed in a completely separate household, over 10 miles away.

We have tried everything: cleared cache, restarted devices, tried Chrome, Safari and Brave, incognito mode, no parental controls, turned off any adblockers, no antispam setup, speed test fine, reset the router, and turned router on and off.

Basically, everything we should NOT be having to do, when considering there have been NO problems at all in viewing any other websites on our devices, for many years.

As such, the problem appears to be specific to TalkTalk being unable to work alongside the Mailchimp system.

In summary of what is being experienced, at BOTH separate households:

• When we visit the Mailchimp website using my phone and TalkTalk Wi-Fi, the images are broken
  • When we visit a Mailchimp website using my phone's mobile signal, the images are fine
  • When we visit a Mailchimp website using my desktop-cabled TalkTalk connection using Firefox/Chrome/Edge, the images are broken

Therefore, it is confirmed that it is a conflict specific to the TalkTalk internet connection. For some reason, the loading of the images into the web browser is prevented.

As a precautionary measure, I have logged into 2 separate household Wi-Fi networks that are NOT TalkTalk, and there are no issues at all in being able to upload the website images on either a mobile phone or laptop. The same laptop when connected to the TalkTalk network once more, does NOT show the images.

Having already taken the initiative to search the TalkTalk HELP area online, I came across the EXACT same issue that was reported regarding the WiX web platform builder. Here is the link to assist your technical team:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/TalkTalk-not-supporting-Wix-websites-All-images-broken...

Therefore, if your technical team are able to contact the Mailchimp technical services team and work out a solution, this would be greatly appreciated.

https://mailchimp.com/help/

Thank you for your help with this important matter.

JustinB

JustinB
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

eiacatki 

The VPN will bypass all HomeSafe protections. You'll need to take other security precautions to avoid malware downloads.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 11

Left Spam Protection on but use a VPN to circumvent this issue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Scam protection blocks access to suspicious websites and in this case to MailChimp image download websites. This is to guard against the images having hidden pixel links to malware downloads. My advice is therefore to keep Scam Protection active if you don't implicitly trust the service that's currently using MailChimp.

I would always advise you to use anti-malware protection on your device in addition to SuperSafe from f-Secure. Malwarebytes is compatible with SuperSafe. You can use a free version or a full feature subscription version of Malwarebytes. Some banks offer 10 device protection with Malwarebytes and eero Secure (renamed by Amazon as eero Plus) also now offers 3 device protection with Malwarebytes. TalkTalk's Full Fibre packages don't utilise HomeSafe protections but the TalkTalk eero Secure subscription with Malwarebytes as additional support is a great comfort.    

Message 4 of 11

That's what I thought. Thanks. Always helpful to have thoughts confirmed.

Message 5 of 11

Supersafe should function just like any other antivirus software so you are still generally protected (in as much as we ever are with these).

Scam protection is part of Homesafe, which functions automatically with traditional ADSL and FTTC. It's completely separate from the Supersafe software, so switching it off is not going to affect the efficacy of Supersafe. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jules132
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

This is very helpful as I've had the same problem.  My concern is that removing the scam protection will make me vulnerable to malware from.other sources.  Will my Super Safe protect me from this?

0 Likes

Jules132
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

I have had the same problem with Mailchimp.  I'm concerned that if I turn off scam protection I'll leave myself open to malware from other sites.  Will my Super Safe boost protect me.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

You're welcome. And if you're able to relay to us what MailChimp are doing to stop malware downloads then that would be useful information to relay back to the TalkTalk Networks team.

0 Likes

JustinB
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Gondola,

Very appreciative of your reply to my community call for help! I've completed your suggestion regarding the switching off of Scam Protection, and this has worked.

However, and as you suggest, this is best handled by Mailchimp directly from their end, to resolve the issue at source, as I would rather stay with my existing account settings than leave myself open to future potential issues.

Again, thanks for your very quick help and input.

JustinB

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

If you trust the MailChimp downloads then switch off Scam Protection via your customer MyAccount.

HomeSafe : Scam ProtectionHomeSafe : Scam Protection

MailChimp download have been blocked by TalkTalk network Scam Protection because malware downloads have been detected. I suggest the website owner contacts MailChimp because it's up to MailChimp to stop malware downloads at source.

Let us know what MailChimp's response is.