cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot get emails but settings correct

Sarahowen57
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have changed my e mail settings on my I phone but it keeps saying there is no password in Mail Account Settings. I have put the passwords in on my account but it still fails. Cam anyone help please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Sarahowen57
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Thank you up and running now. Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Sarahowen57, I've replied to your PM and your thread.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Sarahowen57
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

I still cannot get emails on Iphone. Settings correct and password. keeps throwing up password error.

Talking to Tech on the phone is hopeless

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Sarahowen57, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored today.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi Sarahowen57 

Check via webmail and an Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Do you see a message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this, from 17th February you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software"?

That means an email device has been connecting insecurely to your mailbox and as a result the device connection has been removed which is why you're seeing that the password cannot be authenticated.

If you follow the iPhone guide below does it say on your iPhone that your incoming server port is 110 or 143?  If so, that's a definite reason for the last resort disconnection of the device.  Or are you using an Apple device that cannot support secure mail to the required TLS 1.2 protocol? What's the iPhone and iOS operating system version?

Or is there another mail collection service, desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet, phone etc that's collecting your emails using insecure settings?

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution