cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails being spammed

Prudence
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have an old tiscali email address.  Recently most emails I send have been put into recipients spam folders.  Some of these emails have been vital.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

TalkTalk does not have control of what other mail services do to its mail messages. Messages are fully authenticated so there's no reason not to deliver direct to a recipient's Inbox. There is no ability to mark an outgoing message as Not spam. Full authentication with SPF, DKIM and DMARC assures the receiving mail service that the mail message is genuine and from a genuine sender.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 11

if I mark my email when sending them ‘’ not spam’ will that stop it going to spam ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

In spam , but it’s very annoying when you’re expecting a reply about something important and the person doesn’t reply . It’s not acceptable to have to contact people by other means to check if they’ve had emails!!  Talk talk should do more than sort this out 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

So you texted them back and asked them to look in Spam or Trash or check they have no Filter rules that are diverting your emails?

And their response was?

Message 5 of 11
  • Because they hadn’t received a reply to queries and texted me!! 
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

How do you know other recipients are not receiving your emails?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

But what about addresses other than gmail??  ( I use a tiscali address by the way ) 

I don’t understand what you mean about asking recipients to mark as ‘ not spam ‘ - how can they do that if they’re not receiving my emails in the first place? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

There's nothing much I can add to what I said on 29th of February. TalkTalk Mail admins have done what they can. In practice to block TalkTalk Mail mailboxes that were sending spam into Gmail.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11
  • I am having the same problem- no specific addresses that I send email to but it’s become more frequent. 
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Which recipient domains have you been sending to and finding the recipients are getting the messages in spam folders. We're aware of this happening at Gmail. Is it happening anywhere else?

Have you advised those recipients to mark your emails as not spam? Doing so will tell the recipient email service not to drop the messages into the spam folder.

Just to be clear, all TalkTalk Mail is sent fully authenticated and so long as it's not auto-forwarded without re-authentication it'll be received fully authenticated and should be placed in the normal Inbox.

Gmail, for example are imposing a new policy on spam such that mail senders delivering more than 5,000 messages a day to Gmail must not have more than 3 in 1000 messages marked as spam. If that target isn't met then they'll drop a lot of the messages including genuine messages into spam folders.