cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Wierd email situation

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Have been using talktalk email for years, on several devices. Suddenly, none of the apple devices will send or receive emails, and my PC using Thunderbird, will only receive. But, if I am away from home using 4G, then my iphone emails work normally. Web mail still works. Any ideas?

I did recently install AVG antivirus on my PC.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Just to check have you reset the password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Thunderbired. Just says timed out after perhaps a minute. I have deleted many sent and received emails. I have uninstalled my Antivirus. I have installed Mailbird which sometimes works, or just keeps trying to send for ages. It is actually trying to send one at the moment. It is definitely WIERD. Beginning to think it is something at your end.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Have you reset the password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my email account, I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Thunderbird, and now I cannot send any emails.

Mrssage "Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net timed out. Try again."

When I try again, same message.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

It might be worth doing a password reset in that case.

Ady

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Tried deleting and re-installing account. Made no difference. till getting "Sending of the message failed.
Unable to authenticate to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net. Please check the password and verify the 'Authentication method' in 'Account Settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)'.

nothing seems to work

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Removed and re-installed account on thunderbird. Made no difference. still getting "Sending of the message failed.
Unable to authenticate to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net. Please check the password and verify the 'Authentication method' in 'Account Settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)'."

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Robbez, have you tried removing the email account from the PC and then readding it rather than updating where it may corrupt.

Ady

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 9 of 12

I have now got the correct account settings, and thought emails were now working. Trouble is, they work sometimes, and not others.

Get this message "Login to server smtp.talktalk.net with username *****@homecall.co.uk failed." sometimes it askes for password, but still fails. Have tried "No Authentication", but still fails. Works from ipad, but not PC. Very irritating.

0 Likes

Robbez
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Ady. Yes discovered this at around midnight last night. Something must have changed because it worked fine until yesterday on smtp.dsl.pipex.com, but I don't understand why it continued working on 4G.

All devices now changed to imap.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Robbez, can I just check are you using the correct email settings in the Email Settings help article?

Ady

0 Likes