cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No external IP address being assigned on full fibre!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I am in dire need of some actual technical support. 

I have Full Fibre which suddenly went down 2am Friday morning. Since then I have called Talk Talk 7 times, called Eero twice. Connected directly from the ONT to my laptop via Cat6 Ethernet and still no Internet connection!! This is despite the complaints team "sending an engineer" who didn't attend my property. 

I have also tried on 2 different Routers. My TalkTalk WiFi hub and on my Eero Pro 6. To no avail.

Every error on all devices state that there is no external ip address being assigned. 

Having seen a few other posts on this issue I realise it may be an error on the line profile 🤷🏾‍♀️ I'm hoping someone at TalkTalk who can actually help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hello,

I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team and we will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle,

I have reset the ONT several times whilst on calls to your technical support team. 

Even when my laptop is connected via ethernet to the ONT without a router there is still no Internet Access as an external IP is not available. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have any of the lights on the ONT box changed since yesterday? If there is still no connection this morning then could you try powering down the ONT for a full 30 minutes and then try to connect again please.

Thanks

0 Likes