cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Why on earth.....................

MerlinBengal
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Been reading through these forums for a while now and see the same problem.....lousy wifi from the Eero device. 

What I do not understand is why on earth you went form a conventional router with  4 ports, to a device with limited ports therefore meaning a customer has to pay out more for a passive switch and extra wifi boosters???

I had my fibre installed in the garage, with a hub2 router and my dect phone base station out there too plugged into the router. Never had a problem with connection or phone. I use a tp-link c80 set as a wifi bridge and everything just works. Dect phone number 2 sits on my desk with full coverage.

Why not give your customers the option of the hub 2 again? Personally I would never touch an eero.

I have spare Linksys and tp-link wifi 6 capable routers, so if my hub 2 ever goes bottom up, I would switch one of those in rather than use an Eero. Of course the phone also gets a problem as none of my other routers support plugging in a landline, so TT would have to supply/fit the telephone box required or let me do it.

Even so, all sortable. I just do not understand why TT would shoot themselves in the foot and cause their customers problems that should not exist.

Powerline adapters would also sort most peoples problems here or wifi boosters. Even access points. A darn site cheaper than Eeros and more reliable.

5 REPLIES 5

sendittomartin
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

I already had a wired and wireless network set up at home using the Linksys AC3030 Mesh network.   I have one of the Linksys set up as the router and I didn't want to change everything just so I could use the Eero.  So I didn't.  The only downside of that is, TT Support will porbably insist they cannot test my line if I have any issues with the fibre because the Eero is not connected.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

OK, as this is not a help issue I will move it to the general discussion section. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Nope, hardly ever do as TT system has always been very reliable. Just wondered why TT would go to the Eero. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

@MerlinBengal 

Do you actually have an issue with your service at the moment? 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The only advantage that the Eero 6 has over the Hub2, is that Eero 6 is an AX device or WIFI 6 device, whereas the Hub 2 is an AC device or WIFI 5 device, but the  Eero 6 has various disadvantages

The Eero 6 hasn't the usual 4 Ethernet ports.

The Eero 6 doesn't have the nice landline telephone socket.

You cannot disable the Eero6's WIFI.

The Eero 6 seems to definitely need a second Eero, to create its main feature, a mesh system.

Without the second Eero, the first Eero's signals are too weak.

On the other hand, the Hub 2, being only an AC WIFI device, cannot do WPA3 security.

So, on the whole, I definitely second your opinion.

Bill

0 Likes