cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TalkTalk voicemail

Our home phone voicemail service answers calls when you're away from the phone or engaged on another call. If you'd like to activate Voicemail Plus, you can switch it on in My Account. Voicemail answers calls when you're away from the phone or engaged on another call, you can record your own personal greeting for your callers, save up to 30 messages and even check messages from other phones.

Activate your voicemail Plus service in My Account, If you don't have My Account, follow our guide to registering.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select Networks & Connections from the navigation menu
  3. Select My Telephone settings
  4. Click the box next to Voicemail Plus
  5. Then select the Update button at the bottom of your screen
  6. Select Confirm to save your changes

Turn voicemail plus off

Repeat the steps above, removing the tick next to Voicemail Plus.

You'll hear an interrupted dial tone when you pick up the phone if you have a new message. Dial 1571 to listen to your messages. 

Once you’ve listened to your message, you'll be given the option to replay, save or delete it. You can also listen to your currently saved messages. If you reach your voicemail limit (10 for standard voicemail and 30 for Voicemail Plus), callers will not be able to leave any new messages. You should delete any unwanted messages to free up some space. 

Note: Customers with our legacy Standard Voicemail service will be charged 2p each time you dial 1571. Standard voicemail isn't available to add to My Account however if you already have it then you can continue to use it.

Changing your voicemail greeting is a great way of letting people know they’ve got through to the right number when you can't answer their call. To change your greeting, you’ll need to have Voicemail Plus. If you only have standard voicemail, you, unfortunately, won’t be able to change your greeting. Instead, callers will hear a generic voice operator message.

To change your Voicemail Plus personal greeting using your phone:

1. Dial 1 5 7 1
  2. Dial to change your personal options
  3. Dial 1
  4. Follow the instructions on the phone to record and set your new greeting

To access your voicemail from another location, you'll need to have Voicemail Plus activated. First, you'll need to change your Voicemail Plus PIN:

1. Dial 1 5 7 1 from your home phone and press to change your option
  2. Dial 3 to change your PIN
  3. Your PIN will be set as default to 1 2 3 4

Once you've changed your PIN, you can access your voicemail from another phone

1. Dial your home telephone number from another phone
  2. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press * and then enter your new PIN
  3. This will bring you to the main menu where you can listen to your messages

Your phone will ring for around  32 seconds which is about 12 rings before the caller is sent to voicemail. This timing is set and can't be changed.

Standard Voicemail

If you don’t answer or you’re on a call, Standard Voicemail will play callers a standard greeting and let them leave a message. You'll be charged 2p each time you dial 1571. Standard voicemail isn't available to add to My Account however if you already have it then you can continue to use it.

Voicemail Plus

Record your own personal greeting for your callers, save up to 30 messages and even check messages from other phones, this will be charged at £1 per month. As a Voicemail Plus customer, there will be no additional charges when dialling 1571, unlike Standard Voicemail.